Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec Or Titanium

wazza2004

Looking at buying a new S-Max 2.0 diesel in a month or two. Can't decide between the zetec and titanium model. True the titanium looks smarter with the different alloys, DRLs and chrome trim but is it worth paying extra for it? It also comes with privacy glass and cruise control. Cruise control i can do without. What bugs me is that the s-max does not come with a tonneau cover. It is a or rather was a £75 optional extra. Now it is incorporated in space pack which costs £200. So if i am going to pay extra for this for zetec mdel am i better going for titanium which has privacy glass?

Has anyone bought a zetec and wished they bought a titanium. Personally the ztec looks plain compared to titanium but feel the titanium will attract unwanted attention. There is a new titanium parked near me bt has already got the dreaded scratches on the sides from a jealous lowlife.

Decisions decisions

By the way i plan to go for sea grey or whatever they changed the name to. The colours has been changed but ford website not updated yet.

Thanks in advance for any replies

HI MATE, I BOUGHT A S-MAX 1.8 D TITANIUM 56 PLATE WHEN THEY CAME OUT, NO REGRETS, ALWAYS BETTER TO GO FOR THE TOP MODEL IF YOU CAN, AND WHEN YOU TRADE IN YOU GET THAT BIT EXTRA BACK SO YOU REALLY DON'T LOSE ANY MONEY. I LOVE THE CAR, NO REGRETS. REGARDS BUDGIE

Hi, I am contemplating the very same. I have done a shed load of research and the Zetec proves value for money. The chrome, cruise control etc is a nice to have rather than what you need to drive a superb car. I bought a 57 plate and have had no regrets. It has been a fabulous car hence I am getting a new one. I have looked at the titanium and agree it is a fabulous looking car but it may just attract a little too much attention! I am off to Ford at 5pm today to hopefully stick my name on a new contract for a Zetec!!

Personally if you can afford it I would go for the titanium every time, buy the zetec and you’ll be looking at every titanium that passes thinking they look so much better.

As for cruise, I wouldn't want a car without it, comes in so handy on motorway journeys and especially on long stretches of roads that have average speed cameras.,

Personally if you can afford it I would go for the titanium every time, buy the zetec and you’ll be looking at every titanium that passes thinking they look so much better.

As for cruise, I wouldn't want a car without it, comes in so handy on motorway journeys and especially on long stretches of roads that have average speed cameras.,

Yep - I still look at the Titaniums in envy whilst in my Zetec but I can't justify the extra money even if cruise control is nice to have!

Yep - I still look at the Titaniums in envy whilst in my Zetec but I can't justify the extra money even if cruise control is nice to have!

Due to personal circumstances my driving has dropped from 20k per annum to 5k per annum. Do drive on the motorway once a month. Have always been careful to maintain my speed so in a way cruise control is not essential. Trouble is i park on the main road. The titanium will attract more unwanted attention than the bland (in comparison) zetec.

Have a month to decide which model to go for.

Does anyone have a s-max in sea grey? If so do you have any pics i can see?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

just bought titanium 2l diesel. panther black. the chrome to windows and around grill make it look stunning. nearly every garage tried to sell us z tec. titanium appeals more on visual level tho. pleased with my choice.........

good choice! Zetec is value for money, but there are few out there who would choose Zetec over Titanium

Yeah. My sisters jusy bought z tec galaxy at 2k more than me. Will be interesting to compare....

Out of interests what colour have people gone for with their x max?

If you do go for the Zetec, don't go spending a fortune on upgrading it which is what I have done when buying a lower spec model. The Zetec spec is still pretty good anyway.

Titanium gets.... (over Zetec):... IIRC...

Leather/alcantara seats/door cards

Cruise control

bluetooth / Voice Control

Better radio

Bigger alloys (17")

Front & rear parking sensors

Convers+ dash

Auto lights / wipers

Electric driver seat height adjust

Plus you can then upgrade the Titanium to "X" spec and add xenons, panoramic roof, 18" alloys etc.