Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch Your Wheels Folks

itsrelfy

well I'm seriously considering buying a set of the 16" alloys and getting rid of these 17s. I'm driving like a nun lately and all I ever think about when I'm on the road is where are the pot holes. So very soon there may well be a more or less brand new set of the 17" alloys up for sale

Wouldn't changing the size of your wheels make your speedo amd trip computer inaccurate or is the overall diameter of the tyre the same ?

Hi

You will also need to inform your insurance company as it is classed as a modification.

Jamie

The speedo will be fine because the 16 inch wheels runs with a higher aspect ratio which means the side wall is bigger and that keeps the overall circumference the same.

With regards to notifying the insurance company, I don't believe I would have to notify them as I am going to buy the ford 16s that the Zetec S comes fitted with as standard. Well that's my plan, not completely convinced myself yet.

Adrian

Must admit if there is a problem with the 17" alloys then I certainly won't be changing them, after all it's FORD's problem, not mine.

I'd suggest to everyone who's had one of their alloys buckle to forward this thread and any other related info they can find on the internet to Ford UK customer services and ask for a statement. The only way Ford will act is if enough people complain.

If you can make a case where lots of people are having problems chances are FORD will make a 'goodwill gesture' until they can find a permanent fix.

Must admit if there is a problem with the 17" alloys then I certainly won't be changing them, after all it's FORD's problem, not mine.

I'd suggest to everyone who's had one of their alloys buckle to forward this thread and any other related info they can find on the internet to Ford UK customer services and ask for a statement. The only way Ford will act is if enough people complain.

If you can make a case where lots of people are having problems chances are FORD will make a 'goodwill gesture' until they can find a permanent fix.

There was a similar problem with many BMW owners suffering cracked alloys that featured on Watchdog. BMW were refusing to accept there was an issue & wouldn't replace the wheels for free. Not sure what the outcome was though.

Got my first service soon so am hoping I don't have to replace any wheels.

• 7 months later...

I too have two buckled front 17" alloys, i haved owned the car for 8 months, i think its a joke but what can you do after all the customer is never right it seems. Just phoned Ford and they dont want to know, but did however quote me £183.00 per wheel plus £54.00 fitting, but of course they dont have any record of a problem with thier wheels.

Hi Guys

Just had a nasty phone call from my local dealer. I have to buy four new wheels as everyone of mine are buckled!!! Not a happy bunny I've only had the car 4 months and it is a year and 4 months old, and I do not drive down pot holes. But I cant prove it so no help is forthcoming. Gutting, £750 is a lot of money to state the obvious. So be careful out there.

Adrian

Sorry to jump in this late, but I would like to know is this a problem for any brand of 17inch rims or only for the Ford rims?

Does it slow down the Fiesta if I buy 17 inch rims on my car?

Hope you don't mind my questions...

Cheers!

only for the original 17"rims,aftermarket rims should be fine.....

I have 17" oz ultraleggera rims on my 1.25 fiesta,and you can hardly feel the difference in the performance,so you should be ok driving on 17" rims

only for the original 17"rims,aftermarket rims should be fine.....

I have 17" oz ultraleggera rims on my 1.25 fiesta,and you can hardly feel the difference in the performance,so you should be ok driving on 17" rims

OK, I am glad... :)

Share some picture on the specific topic created by me ;)

By the way, anybody with 1.6...is there any difference in performance? (with 17 inch)

Are these the rims that have problems?

fiestamk7forks.th.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club