• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fws0610

fws0610

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion 1.6 Diesel Zetec

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

Hi everyone out there, here,s hoping you can help.
I have a 58 Reg Fusion, the other day I noticed that the Bonnet Release Lever on the passenger side had water coming out of it.
Further investigations showed that the under-carpet/insulation material in the passenger side footwell was soaked. Also by removing the glove box, the bulkhead insulation material going from the big rubber grommet (for the main wiring loom from the engine compartment)down to the footwell was also soaked, indicating that the leak may be from higher up in the region of the bottom corner of the winscreen. Does anyone have any ideas where and how this water is likely to be getting in. I have blasted all of this area with a hosepipe, but cannot see any water coming in. Could it be from even higher up eg the roof area??

Thanks in anticipation of some helpful hints.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 wimiu012uk

wimiu012uk

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo 2lt tdci 130bhp ghia

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

58 reg, take it back to dealers showing them the water and let them sort it. 3 year warrenty don't forget.

#3 fws0610

fws0610

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

58 reg, take it back to dealers showing them the water and let them sort it. 3 year warrenty don't forget.

Thanks for reply, tried that, local dealer reckons this is only covered by the 12 mth base warranty. (surprise surprise!!)

#4 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for reply, tried that, local dealer reckons this is only covered by the 12 mth base warranty. (surprise surprise!!)

its probably water ingress past the pollen filter gasket between to wiper arm spindles behind the skuttle plate. my mkii did it once when it rained extremely hard then never did it again!

#5 fws0610

fws0610

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

thanks chris - i'll take a look (oops my mistake i should have posted this in the fusion section - done now -i'm still new to this)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users