Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Claxxon

Door Panels

4 posts in this topic

Having invested in a new headunit, I am thinking of replacing the front door speakers but have come unstuck when trying to remove the door panels. I've found a few threads about changing the speakers but the instructions and pictures all seem to be for the USA Fusion and don't help. Does anyone have any hints or will I have to buy the Haynes Big Book of Lies ?

Try having a look at these...No`s 4 & 5

h**p://www.fiestamk6.com/joomla/index.php/ford-fiesta-mk6-interior-mods

Hope that helps :)

Try having a look at these...No`s 4 & 5

h**p://www.fiestamk6.com/joomla/index.php/ford-fiesta-mk6-interior-mods

Hope that helps :)

It does and it doesn't. It's very like the Fusion door panel but not quite the same. The Fusion panel seems to be a single plastic moulding and doesn't have the same handle / switch bit. I had a poke around the panel and looks like it's held on in the same manner as the Fiesta but I don't want to go forcing anything in case it all goes badly wrong and I end up breaking something.

Thanks.

Here's how I got on ;

1.jpg

The inner door. Remove the cross head screw that is hidden behind the blanking plug in the door release cup.

2.jpg

With a flat bladed screwdriver, pry out the window button panel. The connectors pop off with a little force.

3.jpg

Remove the door handle with a torx driver (number 5 I think).

4.jpg

Remove the wing mirror lever housing, again it just pops off with a little effort.

5.jpg

Pry off the door panel by working round the edges and popping loose the conenctors.

Remove the speaker which is held in with 4 small torx screws.

The speaker is NOT a 6x9 as I was quoted, but a 5x8 which is a bit of a downer as I had already got a pair of JBL 6x9s.