Do Not Sell My Personal Information

chrome plating

x-xbishopx-x

heyy,,

was just wondering any body knw wher i dip my alloys in chrome cheap ??.. plus in south wales~?

thanks... :rolleyes:

I must admit i've never heard off being able to dip them in chrome. You may be able to get them recoated and there are a huge amount of garages that can do this! Just do an internet search and i'm sure a garage near to you will come up.

O and welcome

is it possible to chrome plate alloys? thought alloy was too soft ??

These days it's electroless neckel and not chrome as chromium is carcinogenic. Alloy wheels whether cast or machined can be plated with various metals, even silver and gold if you had the cash and wanted to! The only trouble with cast alluminium is that any casting "breathes" as it's porous by nature so if there are any 'blow holes' or flaws in the casting it will show up massively once plated. ( just as a side note i`m an aerospace engineer and our place has a plating shop! but don't ask me to get your wheels plated lol ) ;)

These days it's electroless neckel and not chrome as chromium is carcinogenic. Alloy wheels whether cast or machined can be plated with various metals, even silver and gold if you had the cash and wanted to! The only trouble with cast alluminium is that any casting "breathes" as it's porous by nature so if there are any 'blow holes' or flaws in the casting it will show up massively once plated. ( just as a side note i`m an aerospace engineer and our place has a plating shop! but don't ask me to get your wheels plated lol ) ;)

Thats a great bit of knowlegde there mate

Ding dong!!!

Someone knows there stuff. Well done, little bits of info like that help many people.

Ding dong!!!

Someone knows there stuff. Well done, little bits of info like that help many people.

We do a lot of gold plating onto silicon aluminium and i`ve also made some nice turned aluminium door lock lifts for my sons 2litre Golf GTI and had them dyed purple and blue.