Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car............day One Damage!!!!!!

Raizak

Hi there, i picked up my new Fiesta Zetec S in Frozen white today (hooray)

Then comes the bad news........i was turning in a street and hit a tiny hidden pole in my blind spot and slightly cracked my front bumper and bumped in the plastic!!! :unsure: Here are a few pics so you guys can asses the damage.

img0275w.th.jpgimg0276gh.th.jpg

I am totally gutted......been looking forward to this for quite some time.......any advice is greatly appreciated. :blink:

Oh my god! I think I would seriously want 2 kill myself if I damaged a brand new car in the first day of having it! I get upset if I scuff up a new pair of shoes...

Oh my god! I think I would seriously want 2 kill myself if I damaged a brand new car in the first day of having it! I get upset if I scuff up a new pair of shoes...

I know, that's exactly how i feel. :(

Oh no I completely gutted for you! It looks like a replacement job to me buddy

How is something in front of you classed as "in your blind spot"?

You've just cost yourself a nice sum of money for a new front bumper and plastics.

Might be worth having a word with the council as you may be able to claim off them, I know you can for alloy wheel damage but im not sure in regards to body work? May be worth a call...

Oh no! What a sad tale. Really nothing for it but replacement parts. Gutted for you. :o

Ouch, that looks bad...

It wouldn't suprise me if this happened to somebody else in an Aldi car park. As in the Aldi near where I live it is a bit of a corner to get to the carpark, and in the middle of the enterance there is a 2 feet high pole in the middle that makes it very tight getting through in either direction, and until you get right to it you can't see it coming. It's tempting to put your foot down while turning the corner, and if you didn't know it was there (or even if you did!) you could cut the corner just the slightest bit and plow right into a solid pole!!

Oh no, it's horrible when that happens and completely understand how you feel. The day I bought my Fiesta, I drove 170 miles home, then turned into the same car park I park in virtually everyday and scuffed the alloys on the pavement. I hadn't even had it 6 hours and already damaged it! I was not impressed! Put me in a mood for a while too!

Hope you manage to get it sorted and that this doesn't put you off enjoying your new car!

Unlucky mate, I feel your pain

Years ago I bought a brand new 106 and on the day I got it I put a full petrol can in the boot. Unfortunately I didnt check the cap was on tight. I never did get the smell out of the car

awww unlucky buddy!, if it were me i would take it on the chin and replace the parts to make it perfect again :P!

I know how you feel , i hit a deer about 3 months back ,i was doing about 40mph but the force still pushed me onto the other side of the road ,luckily no cars were heading in the other direction. Still i had to have my whole front end ,bonnet and side wing replaced :(.

When i see other drivers going really fast in areas with potential deer , i hate to think what would happen if they hit one.

Replacement parts are on the cards now, it'll be an expensive job but it's worth it! No pub for me this month then lol!

Lesson learned :P

Oh deary me I feel so sorry for you, I'm getting a 3 year old car in a few months and would be gutted if I did that to it. Would defo say replacement job pal, unless you can live with it :/

Heff

Oh deary me I feel so sorry for you, I'm getting a 3 year old car in a few months and would be gutted if I did that to it. Would defo say replacement job pal, unless you can live with it :/

Heff

The part's are being replaced as i type this :D Pick it up from the Garage tomorrow or friday. It appears i did a bit more damage than first seen! Safety bar, bumper & grill being replaced! :huh:

Better drive with my eyes open when i get it back :lol:

Gutted for you mate... I reversed into a towbar on the back of a LandRover within 2 days of owning my last car, the first bit of damage is not a nice feeling, especially so soon.

At least it will be as good as new when you get it back.