Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Vibration

Pete G.E.

I have a Focus MK 2 Diesel and my steering wheel vibrates and shakes when braking. This year alone I have had the discs and pads replaced 3 times due to quite violent vibration of the steering wheel when braking. When they replace the parts the problem seems to be ok for a short time and then returns. On the last replacement, the service mamager suggested that I may be braking too agressively and maybe need to brake softer and earlier. I took on board his comments and attempted to "bed in" the new parts. I drove slower, braked earlier, and softer, so as to not be agressive on the pedal, but the problem is back after 2000 miles. Does anyone have any suggestions for what may be causing this re-occurence?

I have a Focus MK 2 Diesel and my steering wheel vibrates and shakes when braking. This year alone I have had the discs and pads replaced 3 times due to quite violent vibration of the steering wheel when braking. When they replace the parts the problem seems to be ok for a short time and then returns. On the last replacement, the service mamager suggested that I may be braking too agressively and maybe need to brake softer and earlier. I took on board his comments and attempted to "bed in" the new parts. I drove slower, braked earlier, and softer, so as to not be agressive on the pedal, but the problem is back after 2000 miles. Does anyone have any suggestions for what may be causing this re-occurence?

you need the brakes cleaned likely one of the puistons in the caliper is stuck and as a result constantly pushing one half of the pad against the disk the heat will warp it leaving you in the same situation again they should check the pads for uneven wear and free off the caliper before fitting new disks and pads i suggest you have the brakes checked over then youll need to replace the disks and pads again im afraid as the car will fail an mot due to the imbalace in the brakes

I had the same problem in the end i changed disc/pads. now its fine the only problem that i had was the size of the disc, on my car i have got 300mm disc on the front, so it was two trips to get the right ones, when i looked at the old disc they was worn top & bottom edge making the pads bow, if by missake you have fitted the wrong size disc's the pads will only contact the top part of the disc..this could make it vibrate.

hope this helps you

Alz

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club