Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo Not Worrking

sssnakeuk2001

Hi, i am hoping someone can help. My speedo has stopped working and the milage is no longer visible. Where the milage used to be now looks like -----------. I was thinking maybe a fuse so i looked for the fuse box, which i could not find. So i would not mind someone telling me where that is also. I should say i bought the car from the market and i never got any books etc.

Please can someone assist me.

Thanks in advance

Steph

Hi, i am hoping someone can help. My speedo has stopped working and the milage is no longer visible. Where the milage used to be now looks like -----------. I was thinking maybe a fuse so i looked for the fuse box, which i could not find. So i would not mind someone telling me where that is also. I should say i bought the car from the market and i never got any books etc.

Please can someone assist me.

Thanks in advance

Steph

could be a fault with the dial cluster? or loose connection in the wireing behind? duno where the fuse box is as i dnt own a fusion sorry :P

could be a fault with the dial cluster? or loose connection in the wireing behind? duno where the fuse box is as i dnt own a fusion sorry :P

If you open the glove box fully and then disengage the clips that stop it coming any further forward you will see the fuse box. You might also find some stuff that has slipped down the back of the glove box :-)

• 2 years later...

It's the dash piece where all your dials are.

A good search online should give you tips on removing it.

Another thing you can check is your battery.

How old is it and is it fully charged?

Low battery power can cause speedo cluster errors.

Its so weird, My wife stalled the car today and low and behold the speedon came to life again so I think I have a loose connection somewhere. I wont look for it til it stops again, Ta for all help

• 1 month later...

It's the speed sensor that's on it's way out. It's located in the top of the gearbox for non-abs Fusions but is part of the abs setup for abs based Fusions.

We had the sensor replaced in ours a couple of months ago, cost just over £100.