Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Problem... Help...

RCJ

My mums fiesta (2010 Titanium) is having a small issue...

She's on holiday and i went to move her car today and the battery is flat....

The cause being... when the keys leave the ignition/car locked the radio should go off... however this does not happen and it doesnt stay in 1 hr mode....

Even when we turn it off on the console first... it stays on... this has drained the battery.. AGAIN

Im taking it down to ford on monday, but im wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their car... My fiesta has no problems....

The only thing i can think is, she had the bumper replaced with a sensor one... could they have knocked a cable then?

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob

When i switch my car off it makes a buzzing noise at varying levels for about 15 minutes (it sounds electrical)

Is this noise normal also.

Jamie

I also notice a buzzing (or maybe a better description is an electrical whirring) noise on my Mk4 fiesta after switching off the engine and leaving the headlights on. The noise ceases when the headlights are then switched off. If this is similar, i'll post a you tube clip.

I also notice a buzzing (or maybe a better description is an electrical whirring) noise on my Mk4 fiesta after switching off the engine and leaving the headlights on. The noise ceases when the headlights are then switched off. If this is similar, i'll post a you tube clip.

I have a buzzing noise on my fiesta mk5 when i switch of my engine also leaveing the headlights on. same again i turn of the headlights and the noise goes.

My Fiesta Mk 7 makes buzzing noises from the dash a few minutes after switching off. I have always assumed that it is the ventilation flaps being driven to their 'rest' position. I've not noticed any connection with the headlights being on or off.

Last year I did have the battery mysteriously go flat but it wasn't associated with the radio as far as I could tell. The AA could find no problem and it's been ok since.

• 1 month later...

i dont know about the buzzing...

But after around 2 months or so we have found the issue!!!!

It was my mums blackberry... it wasnt compatible with the stereo... so the stereo decided to do what it wanted lol!

The buzzing is normal. You'll find it's present on position 2 and 3 although you won't hear it over the engine, it's not however present on position 1. It comes from the MAF I believe

Excuse my ignorance but what is MAF ? Mixed air flap ?

Thanks for that. I was in the heat,vent and aircon (hvac)control business until I retired so the Wiki page makes interesting reasding. I was pretty au fait with under the bonnet until cars lost things like carburretors and gained EFI's and ECU's etc. Did someone say what's a carburretor ?

Changing topic slightly, my mpg has plunged with the drop in temperatures lately. I experienced excactly the same with my TDCI last winter. It seems that petrol engines are affected just as much by temperature as diesel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club