Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Paint Issue

bigjock

Howdy fellas it's been a while however I'm back with a new issue! Was washing the car this morning when I noticed the lacquer was flaking off at several different areas on the bonnet! The car is approaching 2 so the paint warranty is well gone but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem/resolved it?! Bit concerning really, I reckon I could easily strip the entire layer of lacquer now that it's started to peel. :o

Hiya bigjock.

Run out or not that is disgusting for such a young car. 2 years old. geeze

If that was my car i would be inclined to start proceedings by firstly telephoning ford customer relations.

My G/F's First car a 1990 1.1 Fiesta LX in Mercury Grey metallic was not flaking or peeling at 15 years old.

I have never had a Fiesta that has had paint that bad and iam on my 5th.

Maybe a piccy so we can see the poor cars skin.sad.gif

Jamie rolleyes.gif

the paint and body warranty is either 6 or 10 years iirc, read your service book, its in there

corrosion is 6 to 12 years paint is only 1! i guess if there's to be a manufacturing fault it should normally show within the first year. alas it appears i have been unlucky but i tell thee there's no way I'll be paying for it's repair thats for sure ;) !Removed! fords when will i learn!