Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent wiper speed

Ricksta7

Hello everyone, I just signed up and was having a look around, Got a Fiesta Style Climate last Friday and am looking for a little bit of help :rolleyes:

I was just wondering (you can probably guess by the thread title) Is there any way of adjusting the speed of intermittent wipers? When I have them set to intermittent there is, I would say only just a 1 second gap in between wipes lol. Also I got the upgraded Sony CD player inside B) Loving that. I have another question about that but will do a quick search first.

Many Thanks.

Rick

Hello everyone, I just signed up and was having a look around, Got a Fiesta Style Climate last Friday and am looking for a little bit of help :rolleyes:

I was just wondering (you can probably guess by the thread title) Is there any way of adjusting the speed of intermittent wipers? When I have them set to intermittent there is, I would say only just a 1 second gap in between wipes lol. Also I got the upgraded Sony CD player inside B) Loving that. I have another question about that but will do a quick search first.

Many Thanks.

Rick

Yes there is, switch your wiper to intermittent, then count how many seconds you want them to wipe ( ie, 3 second interval ) then switch them off and back on. This will make them wipe across your windscreen at 3 second intervals. This is reset once you switch them off again. The handbook explains all ( programmable intermittent wipe...assuming your car has this?)

I notice you say yours wipes at 1 second intervals? Mine, a 1.4 zetec wipes at about +5 second ( or longer )intervals on default.

Thanks very much for your quick reply Russ. I will have a look at this tomorrow, The car was purchased brand new last week so maybe my stlye climate is slightly diferent factory default to your lovely motor? But yes, almost every second I would say they wipe lol :) I shall get onto it in the morning... like you say though, assuming my car has this function? I did have a quick flick through the manual but now is in the glove box hehe.

Great forum here ;)

Thats a pain in the backside every second. Hopefully it will get sorted

Thanks you all very much for your welcomes. I couldnt sort my wipers though :( I did exactly what Russ said but still just as fast. Does anyone know if I would have the option to change the speed of intermittent wipers on a Ford Fiesta Style Climate 58 reg? Maybe its only on higher models?

I would be very suprised if you couldnt change the speed as they are not intermitent they are constant if they are ever second!

You havent got an adjustable dial that is the speed of the internitent wipers have you? I know it's a daft question just thought i'd check

• Like 1

Thanks you all very much for your welcomes. I couldnt sort my wipers though :( I did exactly what Russ said but still just as fast. Does anyone know if I would have the option to change the speed of intermittent wipers on a Ford Fiesta Style Climate 58 reg? Maybe its only on higher models?

I'd have a look in your handbook for programmable intermittent wipers and also make sure, when you push the wiper stalk down it wipes once only, then if you move one click up thats intermittent, then up once more is normal and up once from there is fast. ( basically you should have 3 positions UP and one DOWN for a "manual" wipe )

Thats correct, I have tried with the one click up, intermittent setting, and noticed two clicks up is noraml speed and so on, I have actually got a small dial type thing on the wiper control?? It is numbered 1 to 6... I thought this was for the rain sensing thingy though? (which I dont have) I think your all right though maybe I should have a little more than just a skim through the manual ;)

really? hehe, that will explain it. I will test this out tomorrow.

I hope its the case, silly me. Thanks very much.

number 1 is quickest 6 is slowest

This was the correct info. Thanks again for all your help, It was on number 1 so going quite fast, But I tried it on number 3 this morning and its loads better, Nice to know I can adjust to the amount of rain :D

This was the correct info. Thanks again for all your help, It was on number 1 so going quite fast, But I tried it on number 3 this morning and its loads better, Nice to know I can adjust to the amount of rain :D

Shame you cant adjust the amount of rain!