Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet carpets in drivers side foot well

Boney Buckle

Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 Mondeo Estate. The car seems to have a recurring problem with a wet carpet on the drivers side footwell. I had it in to the garage recently and they took all the interior out, the windscreen, part of the of the engine and the drivers wing. They said that a grommit had perished and was letting water in. They changed this and said it was sorted.

Two months later it is back to the way it was. Has anyone any idea what it could be caused by and what would be involved in sorting it out?

Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 Mondeo Estate. The car seems to have a recurring problem with a wet carpet on the drivers side footwell. I had it in to the garage recently and they took all the interior out, the windscreen, part of the of the engine and the drivers wing. They said that a grommit had perished and was letting water in. They changed this and said it was sorted.

Two months later it is back to the way it was. Has anyone any idea what it could be caused by and what would be involved in sorting it out?

i just had the same on mine but in the back footwell,took the door card off,and found the water proof membrane had come away from the door letting water into car, just had to press it back to restick it [can use silcone sealent if needed] and its been ok for a month now,don`t know if thats the problem in your case but its worth a try,very easy to do 15 min,have also heard of water coming though the pollen filter so thats worth a check.hope u fix it soon mate :)

Hi Guys,

by the way what u say the garage done interior out etc etc sounds over the top to me :unsure::blink: this site may help. http://www.mirez.co.uk/WaterProbs.htm

• 2 months later...

had the same problem but originaly i thought it was leaking from behind the dash board i even saw water drip down but on closer investigation it was the door seal at the top needed replacing it was just dripping down the side of the door to the dash but it flooded my old car had big puddles inside front and rear but there you go good luck buddy