Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Facelift Mk6.5 2007 Fiesta Silver - Auto Lights

robbbo

Hello all

Having seen the earlier front fog light thread, I decided to add front fog lights to the car.

I have located the lights and surrounds, and the updated switch arrived today. This switch has the front fog light indicator and also an auto light icon.

So my question is, can auto lights be added by using an upgraded switch? If no, what else will I need if I decide to see this thru.

Robert

there is a thread on here somewhere with the title something like, add automatic lights, basically it isnt worth it, you would need to buy the light sensor, which goes behind the rear view mirror, the whole housing, and i believe you may even need a new windscreen as mine with auto lights is shaped around the light sensor, also the sensor is for the auto wipers so im assuming you would need both so a new indicator stalk aswell and then you would need it activated at ford, its mad money, i did once see an aftermarket kit though that i think was around £100 that said it was simple to install but it would be next to impossible to use your standard switch. Also just a note on fog lights, if you want to use them you need to take the lights of auto anyway so if you were that fussed about them or are one of the idiets who thinks its fun to drive around with them on like daytime running lights just dont bother.

Ant

i have a MK 6.5 with techonology pack the sensor is on the windscreen and the sensor is for both the auto lights and auto wipers. The techno pack also includes heated windscreen, Mp3 connector and electric wing mirrors.