Do Not Sell My Personal Information

temperature gauge that cannot make up its mind :huh:

TheStig

hi every one,my mk3 mondeos temperature gauge is playing up a bit,sometimes it goes up and stays in center and stays there,and other times it dont move,just done 25 miles non stop driving got just about into the normal by the time i got home it was on cold :huh: when i got home i left it ticking over for a few mins and it slowly rised to center?

gauge was ok again today?how long do u guys think it should take to get up to temperature?roughly? mines taking about 3-4 miles on a gd day,can take a lot longer does that sound right to u?been reading manual about taking the thermostat off,but it goes on about taking the headlight out :huh: surely i can get it out with outdoing that?

headlights come off in less than two minutes, to rough check the thermostat start the car and feel the top and bottom rad hoses if they warm up togeather the thermostat is dodgy normally one should be hot and one cold untill the thermostat opens to allow flow

headlights come off in less than two minutes, to rough check the thermostat start the car and feel the top and bottom rad hoses if they warm up togeather the thermostat is dodgy normally one should be hot and one cold untill the thermostat opens to allow flow

ok ill give that a go tomorrow morning when its cold cheers.