Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Cooling Fan

andrewhrr5

Hello i have an 03 streetka and just wondered if anyone else has the same problem. The radiator fan comes on more often than any other car ive ever had. Water is fine no leaks oil is fine just seems to come on more than i would expect. The car runs fine apart from this anyone any ideas please?

souds like you have a duff sensor

about £15.00 for a new one if you replace it yourself or the thermostat has had id it

another cheap option to replace about £10.00 if that

souds like you have a duff sensor

about £15.00 for a new one if you replace it yourself or the thermostat has had id it

another cheap option to replace about £10.00 if that

Thank you for the reply anybody any idea how you get at them to replace thermostat and sensor or is it the usual nightmare on a streetka where everything is impossible to get at?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi buddy, just read the message you put on, on this forum r.e. temperature etc. We had the same issue on my wife's Streetka some months ago, it was a faulty thermostat which I changed myself easily enough. It could be other stuff, water pump maybe but I'd go for the thermostat first as suggested by the other reply. Don't know where in the UK you are, but if you're not too far from Oldham near Manchester, run it up to me and I'll change it for you if its any help. If so, drop me an email at graham.thomas99@googlemail.com

Hi had the same problem on my partners 05 Streetka fan would be running almost constantly but the temperature never rose high enough to bring the warning light on.Turned out that the thermostat cage had split allowing the plunger to jam the thermostat partly open. Changing it is easy remove the air filter housing and the thermostat housing is visible just three self tappers holding the cover in place.You can get a thermostat from any motor factors or Halfords but you may need to go to Ford dealer to get the O ring that seals the thermostat housing, proberly takes about 30 mins to change.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club