Do Not Sell My Personal Information

battery problems, i think.

boxerboi

since i bought my car ive used it everyday, but i didnt have any money for petrol few days ago, so didnt use my car for 2 days, when i tried starting it yesterday, nothing would show up on my dashboard, and it wouldnt start, i let it roll down the hill and then jumped it, but it did it again this morning and i had to jump it again, and sometimes it makes a clicking sound, will it need a new battery? and are they easy to fit :blink:

thanks for any help.

could be the battery dead or the alternator not charging,get the car started and then check the battery voltage should be around 13.8 volts. if this ok shoud be the battery unless something is draining it overnight, fitting a new one is an easy diy job but make shure you know your radio code

i have a battery volt meter in the car, previous owner put it in, he didnt say why it was in there, thats always between 12 and 15, so does that mean its the battery, also theres alot of wires coming off it to leds in the headlights i think looks like they go there, again previous owner fitted them, and he left the car on the drive for 6 months before selling it to me, so could that of effected it?

i have a battery volt meter in the car, previous owner put it in, he didnt say why it was in there, thats always between 12 and 15, so does that mean its the battery, also theres alot of wires coming off it to leds in the headlights i think looks like they go there, again previous owner fitted them, and he left the car on the drive for 6 months before selling it to me, so could that of effected it?

Try just giving the battery a good charge with a charger and see how you get on then

Try just giving the battery a good charge with a charger and see how you get on then

i did charge it, and if i connect the charger it says the batterys full :s, once its started it will keep going, its if i leave it about 12 hours it wont start.

are new batteries expensive, its a 12v 40ah battery,

I think you can get them for between £30 and £100

Just dont go halfords as they charge stupid prices!

ok thanks, would a ford dealer be better? yeah they chare 17 quid for a small fascia!

ok thanks, would a ford dealer be better? yeah they chare 17 quid for a small fascia!

Yeah check the price with them mate and it'll give you a base price to compare

Yeah check the price with them mate and it'll give you a base price to compare

Have you looked to see if the battery needs topping up with distilled water.If it has 4/5 screw on caps on the top take em all off and have a look .You should see square flat plates sticking upright if there is no water covering the whole of the cells the battery will run done fast.Top it up and charge over night.If its a sheild unit new battery you will need.If still runs down you need to get your alternator checked out.

Have you looked to see if the battery needs topping up with distilled water.If it has 4/5 screw on caps on the top take em all off and have a look .You should see square flat plates sticking upright if there is no water covering the whole of the cells the battery will run done fast.Top it up and charge over night.If its a sheild unit new battery you will need.If still runs down you need to get your alternator checked out.

theres 6 of them screws on the top of battery, but how do i get them off? i dont want to break it!

theres 6 of them screws on the top of battery, but how do i get them off? i dont want to break it!

Get a large flat screwdriver and undo them anticlockwise.