Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Insurance

fiesta_lad

Hi iam moveing home soon and my new home has a drive way at the moment iam parked on the public road outside my house. so when i tell my insurance that i have change address and that i now park up a driveway will my car insurance come down because i leave it up a driveway of a night rather than on the road cheers alan.

There's nobody in the world that'll be able to tell you if your insurance will go up or down because nobody knows how they work it out - including the insurers! (most companies we go thru are brokers, not the underwriters).

However there is one thing we can say for definite, if you tell your insurer your circumstances have changed then the most likely outcome is they'll charge you for amending the policy! Whatever happens they'll make damn sure you end up paying more money.

• Like 1

My insurance is due for renewal (and has inevitably gone up despite no claims! :angry: )

Just done a quick check on one of the major comparison websites & changing from parking in the street overnight or on my drive made no difference to the cheapest quotes. Neither did parking in a garage, go figure :huh:

It's quite amazing what fiddling with some of the options can do.

Adding parking sensors as a modification (yes I have these factory fitted) raised the cheapest quote given by over £70 (although from a different insurer as the previous lowest insurer could not now provide a quote). How the hell does that work??!!!??!!??

Even going to my own insurer's website & entering the exact same details that are on my renewal notice gives a quote higher than my renewal price. It's anyone's guess how they work it out :rolleyes:

Insurance websites are !Removed!

the price comes down to a large list of things

if car crime is high in your area

there are a lot of drink drivers/joy riders/other car related crimes

if someone is killed in area as a result of a car, that will increase your insurance

And were you leave your car at night time will affect your insurance. These online insurance groups are compete cods wollop and tbh useless! if you have your car parked outside,anything can happen

if its in a secure locked compound at night, you can see how this changes things.

Other things that will cost you more are;

type of car ( i know, but cars that young people go for typically have higher insurance e.g. a stupidly modified Saxo deathtrap

Cars with anything that brings more attention e.g. alloys, stickers, and other decals

everyone knows age will affect you as well

my insurance went up because while ive been away for the year, more people have crashed apparently so they charge everyone.... i think its a load of bullsh*t. I think they should charge on personal merit. ive been with them for 2 and a half years now and not one claim... the issue is im 20 but i dont understand the whole penalise everyone else...

my insurance went up because while ive been away for the year, more people have crashed apparently so they charge everyone.... i think its a load of bullsh*t. I think they should charge on personal merit. ive been with them for 2 and a half years now and not one claim... the issue is im 20 but i dont understand the whole penalise everyone else...

Tis life im afraid

steal from the rich give to the poor. its a robin hood theoryy

Tis life im afraid

steal from the rich give to the poor. its a robin hood theoryy

i live near nottingham sherwood forrest! So thats why their charging me hahaha

I think it all depends who you talk to and when. Get them in a good mood and your in for a cheap quote. Bad mood however ... :lol:

I got my Renewal quote through, then after a quick phone call it dropped another £200 (strange!)

It's an arcane art, car insurance :rolleyes:

When I once phoned my insurer to say I'd replaced the steel wheels with alloys, there was a sharp intake of breath followed by "Ah well, that will affect your premium" until I mentioned they were the manufacturer's own alloys (Toyota) and being fitted by them... no charge.

They also seem to favour one type of car owner over another from year to year, so always a good idea to gets lots of quotes when it's time to renew. The insurer you were with may have decided 4x4 owners would be getting better deals with them next year.

I've had some interesting phone conversations with insurers (many of whom are linked) and some have lost my custom rather than match a rival's lower offer, with the rather telling and brutally honest statement "I'm so sorry but we can't come close to their offer this year but please consider us again next time when we may be able to". :huh:

I just wish it was like buying a loaf of bread or a TV. You know the prices will still vary but not enough to make you always wonder if you could have got the product much more cheaply somewhere else.

I think it all depends who you talk to and when. Get them in a good mood and your in for a cheap quote. Bad mood however ... :lol:

I got my Renewal quote through, then after a quick phone call it dropped another £200 (strange!)

Cant complain. AXA charged me 700 for the year fully comp everything protected !

Because it isn't feasible to get back 100% of claim costs from those guilty of causing the accident, they just wouldn't get insured at the astronomical cost.

It's only the same as someone who pays National Insurance who doesn't use the NHS for say 20 years, yet some may get £100,000's pound of treatment if they have cancer or something similar. It's spread out equally otherwise the cost would be prohibitive.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club