Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Excessive Dust/lint On Seats

IMW

My car has standard cloth seats and since I acquired the car I have been experiencing an excessive buildup of dust/lint whatever on the seats. It is the driver seat that is most affected but the rear seats (seldom used) seem free of it. I'm wondering if the aircon is somehow charging the air and thereby the dust which then makes it adhere to the fabric. It's damn annoying and unsightly. I live in a flat so can't get a mains-powered vacuum to give it a good regular brushing and my battery-powered dustbuster soon runs out of oomph.

Does anyone else have this problem? Have you found a way to solve it? If yes, then please tell me.

Take it to a petrol station and bang a quid in one of their vacuum cleaners.

Take it to a petrol station and bang a quid in one of their vacuum cleaners.

Better still take it round to your mums, she will do it for now't and make you a cup of tea and a bun into the bargain. :D

Seat cover? umm wear a Shell suit -- are you tumble drying your clothes ? that causes a lot of lint (tumble dryer filters are always clogged)what about using one of those brushes that remove pet hairs from furniture..cant think of anything to stopit happening other than the tumble dryer

I don't think there is a preventative measure. Cloth and velour tend to accumulate static and will attract lint and dust. Regular vacuuming is the only real answer and if that's not practical for you one of the alternatives already mentioned is probably your only recourse.

Cloth and velour tend to accumulate static and will attract lint and dust.

I didn't have a problem like this with any of my previous cars - even the air-conditioned ones! Most strange.

No more replies needed but thanks to those who did.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club