Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aub

Tyre Wear

4 posts in this topic

My 2009 fiesta zetec 1.25 has done 18k and the front tyres are showing scrub on the outer part of the tread equally on each wheel. Does any one have an a opinion on this, ie is this acceptable or should I get the tracking checked?

I had a Focus 2 litre for 5 years and didn't put a new tyre on it, and there was still legal tread on all wheels when I sold it.

thanks for any comments

Hi aub

my inners are both at 3mm see the tyre poll thread.

I have done 9661 miles.

Iam sorry if this does not answer your query.

I would be interested to know if the tracking on new fiesta's is out from factory.

Jamie

mine has only done 7.5k and i'm on my 3rd set of fronts. obviously that's because i'm a bit of a "vigorous" driver shall we say :P

18k on 1 set of front tyres is above average so there's nothing to worry about there.

it would do no harm to get the tracking checked as most places will check for free and only charge for adjustment if required,also check for correct pressures.