• Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Injection Pump Help - Desperate!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hi All

I have a 2001 Ford Focus CL Estate 1.8 TDI.

Its a lovely car to drive and one of the best fords ive had.

However the Fuel Injection Pump needs replacing due to lack of fuel pressure, which i beleive is a common fault and we have tried other things to no avail.

I have been asked for a part number by several garages so we know what the exact part is...and here is my problem...

I have looked at the part and there is no number or plate with one on anywhere to be seen on the pump. Its been suggested to photo the part and send it to the part supplier but to be honest the pics i have taken dont really show much cos of things in the way.

How can i find out what make the part is? i have all the VIN numbers etc but not that part number.. its been nearly 2 months since my car started playing up and its doing my nut in!!! PLEASE HELP,

I can upload the pics i have got if it will help.

Thanks in advance

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

can you go to main dealer with all details they should be able to check history or diesel specailist ,pump number maybe on inside where u cant see it .

Good idea. Will just the local dealer do? its not the one where it was bought - not sure where it was bought actually. im the 3rd owner... will ring them tommorrow

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi cwignall

2001/05 TDCI should be MAP DELPHI

1998/05 TDdI should be Bosch VP30


Ooh ok! can i ask how ya know? just bein sure cos dont want to buy the wrong part and be stuck with it.

I was inclined to Bosch as there are one or two other Bosch components in there.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you fit the pump your self it will need to programed for the immobiliser. or you can get ford to fit a new pump for about £600 job done.. and yes it is a common fault.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this