AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
john5

Cambelt Or Chain.

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I have an 06 MK 2 Focus I.6 LX TDCI 90, I took it to a garage today to get a price for fitting a cam belt. the guy at the desk said it maybe a chain not a belt, he had a look and said he could not tell what it was, ( needless to say I won't be taking it to him for the job ) Is there anyway I can see if it's a belt or not, without taking things apart? this was not a Ford agents but it was a big garage, not a one man band, a bit worrying.

cheers

John.

Hi

I have an 06 MK 2 Focus I.6 LX TDCI 90, I took it to a garage today to get a price for fitting a cam belt. the guy at the desk said it maybe a chain not a belt, he had a look and said he could not tell what it was, ( needless to say I won't be taking it to him for the job ) Is there anyway I can see if it's a belt or not, without taking things apart? this was not a Ford agents but it was a big garage, not a one man band, a bit worrying.

cheers

John.

take your reg number to ford main dealer they will tell you :)

Its a cam belt this is a photo from my owners workshop manualpost-2425-128448375587_thumb.jpg

Thanks both for your replys, in fairness the guy he said that he thought this was about the time they changed from belt back to chain, don't know if that's right or not, thanks again.

cheers

John.

Thanks both for your replys, in fairness the guy he said that he thought this was about the time they changed from belt back to chain, don't know if that's right or not, thanks again.

cheers

John.

remember you want a cambelt kit not just the belt