Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O/t - New Focus St

aph1101

Just seen this on the top gear website, which is usually reputable and trustworthy. New Focus ST

Thoughts and opinions?

Personally, not too sure about the gaping front grille.... rest of it looks nice though. Also, a 4 pot engine doesn't sound as nice as a 5 :)

How comes this in the fiesta part?

And I have got to say I love it haha I think its quality :D Has a bit of a fiesta look to it or is that just me?

Heff

It's in the fiesta section, as this is the most viewed section of the forum and it will indeed receive most views here. :)

I absolutely love that car...

I previously had an Electric Orange ST and think the new car is a much better looking beast.

IMO the old Focus ST was beat by the astra and maybe the civic in terms of looks but for me it was by far the best in its class for fast road use. Comfortable, torquey, tunable and felt great to drive.

If this one can drive as well and be as comfortable as the old car, it's a definate winner and I will undoubtedly buy one... in tangerine scream. :D

Thats is such a gorgeous car, I want it now!!!

According to topgear magazine the Ford Focus ST is losing the 5 cylinder from what I can gather from the following:

Ford didnt engineer the ST's 2.5-litre five - which also stars, in revised form, as the Focus RS's 300bhp turbo nutjob - to pass the Euro V regs, and will retire it along with the mk 2 car. Bye bye, five-cylinder thrum....

(Euro V is killing off certain car engine's because of the 'greenhouse gases')

Its certainly different and a brave move by Ford. My first impressions are that it looks a bit dated already. Hopefully it looks better in real life in different colours. Maybe it will grow on me.

I'm not blown away - but think I might be in a different colour or seeing it in the flesh.

The profile reminds me quite a bit of the Mk7 Fiesta actually - it's the back that isn't doing it for me.

Hell, I'd buy one just for the interior!

Rumours of the new RS have been flying about to - lots of talk of it being a hyrbid with a 250bhp petrol engine driving the front wheels (probably this one) and a 100bhp electric motor on the back wheels - sounds intriguing.

Ohhhhh i like that!

Looks more striking than the current one, me likes.

Dont like the front but the rest of it I love.Nice colour as well. ;)

• 2 weeks later...