Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Stereo Software Updates

sidge

Took my Fiesta into the garage this morning for the stereo looking at, the usual problems of bluetooth hanging, not always starting up when the engine is switched on.

So the engineer took into the back, one hour later they come out and say "yep it needs two updates, one is done we are just having a couple of problems with other but we are trying it again now". So I sits there quitely and patiently in the garage thinking I am glad my boss is understanding.

Another hour passes and out they come again and tell me it has gone from bad to drastic and now the display won't work at all, all there is all the lights on the side of display flashing constantly - but not to worry they are still working on it.

Anyway it is going back on Monday for a new screen fitting now, turns out they have killed it :angry: They have no idea what has happened except the 2nd update failed at 90%. After a phone call to Ford themselves they decided it needed a new display.

Will take it back on Monday and see what happens, not convinced just a new screen will solve it.

My mums having a problem with her stereo it goes back to ford tomorrow, its been about it before the the dealer in Newark (HEADS UP NEVER GO THERE ITS RUBBISH service IS NOT WHAT YOU EXPECT). So where we got them, grantham were helpful and going to look.

Basically the stereo doesnt turn off.... even when you leave the car and dead lock it... its doesnt turn off and drains the battery if left for more than one night...

My first MK7 had a problem with its radio, which ford never fixed. They changed the head unit, and still the problem came back. Sometimes it would turn the radio on, but no sound would come out the Speakers even when pressing every button on the radio. But in my new MK7 with the Sony radio, it has no such problems :)

As much I would like them to replace it with a Sony Stereo I can't see that happening. :P

Just having a working stereo of any sort would be nice at the moment!

Drove the car to work this morning and when I got here it would not lock. With it being key-less tried both the fob and button on the door, had to take the metal key out of the fob and lock and unlock a couple of times to get the fob working again.

Can anyone confirm how the stereo works/is built. Is it actually connected to the rest of the computers in the car that would affect this? Is the screen actually part of this? I can't see how changing the screen is going to fix something that is a software issue.

I would like as much information as I can get on what can be causing this so I am prepared for the car going back in on Monday.

Thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club