Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is My Window Washer Motor?

Njck

Hi guys, I got my new motor in the mail today since the motor for my window washer fluid stopped working, I can not see where this thing goes :blink: , is anyone able to explain or provide a picture of where it is? thank you in advance :)

It's a 1.4 Ford Fiesta Flame 2005

just had to check and clean mine on my focus...gunked up pump and no water flow to the jets...if your filler is the same as mine (passenger side in engine bay by wing ) then it should be under the front arch on the passenger side.

undo the plastic wheel liner under the front pass' wheel arch,lots of screws to undo....

undo the filler retaining screw inside the engine bay and pull off from the main res bottle+undo the resoviour retaining screws,2on mine, and remove as a unit.

unclip the pump wires and pull off the washer jet hoses. pump will then just pull out from the res bottle and you refit the new one.

one note worth mentioning is that the rubber pump gasket that secures the pump to the res bottle has a sieve in the end of it to strain debris from the water supply and it can get clogged up, so while the pump is off give it a rinse under the tap, and drain and clean the res while its out as well...

refit as you took off and check all is well before refitting the plastic wheel arch linner....dont ask... :rolleyes:

just had to check and clean mine on my focus...gunked up pump and no water flow to the jets...if your filler is the same as mine (passenger side in engine bay by wing ) then it should be under the front arch on the passenger side.

undo the plastic wheel liner under the front pass' wheel arch,lots of screws to undo....

undo the filler retaining screw inside the engine bay and pull off from the main res bottle+undo the resoviour retaining screws,2on mine, and remove as a unit.

unclip the pump wires and pull off the washer jet hoses. pump will then just pull out from the res bottle and you refit the new one.

one note worth mentioning is that the rubber pump gasket that secures the pump to the res bottle has a sieve in the end of it to strain debris from the water supply and it can get clogged up, so while the pump is off give it a rinse under the tap, and drain and clean the res while its out as well...

refit as you took off and check all is well before refitting the plastic wheel arch linner....dont ask... :rolleyes:

All fixed and working, thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club