Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Service, Do They Change The Oil And Filter

UKChris

Hi

I have just had my first service (1.6D), are they supposed to change the filter and oil?

I have had a look and for the life of me i can't find the filter, the oil looks very black as well.

Chris

Hi Chris

Black oil in a diesel engine can most of the time be classed as normal.

I think the most the do is an oil and filter change.

I think you can download a service check sheet for your car (type ford etis on google)

On the ford etis website you can do a search for your car with your Vin number and or the Vehicle registration number.

It shows you lots of anorak information about your car right down to the actual date of build etc and usually where it was built.

Hope this helps

Jamie

Thanks for the reply

I know diesels generally have black oil, but not when the oil is supposed to be fresh, unless they haven't really allowed the old oil to drain.

Hi

That i cannot answer iam afraid.

Its tricky to know whether they drained it correctly. ph34r.gif

I assume that you had this service carried out at a ford dealer who i think drain the oil from the sump plug. laugh.gif

but from past experiance from having a quick oil change at a fast fit centre they extracted the oil using the dipstick ? which cant get rid of what lies in the sump. huh.gif

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club