Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Main Dealer Cam Belt Price

darrensmith

As my focus estate has just hit 84,000 and 9 yrs old ive been thinking its about time the cam belt was changed so ive made some calls and stopped in on my local garages to get a few prices. i live just 10 mins from a ford main service department and dealer so i thought id go in and ask (if only for the comedy value)i was surprised when he looked up from his chair hidden inside a big ford coat and said 220 quid all in for the full kit and we need the car for only 2 to 3 hrs half a day at most...

The cheapest price i had from the independents was £185.00 and most was £300.00.

i was more than surprised, in fact i was so taken back when he said we can do it next friday after muttering the price i agreed.

its booked in.

ive read some posts concerning the cam belts on the focus and the water pump seems to be mentioned is this just a precaution or are they prone to failure at this type of mileage if so anything else i want to consider? within reason if it isn't broke. etc.

any help appreciated..

As my focus estate has just hit 84,000 and 9 yrs old ive been thinking its about time the cam belt was changed so ive made some calls and stopped in on my local garages to get a few prices. i live just 10 mins from a ford main service department and dealer so i thought id go in and ask (if only for the comedy value)i was surprised when he looked up from his chair hidden inside a big ford coat and said 220 quid all in for the full kit and we need the car for only 2 to 3 hrs half a day at most...

The cheapest price i had from the independents was £185.00 and most was £300.00.

i was more than surprised, in fact i was so taken back when he said we can do it next friday after muttering the price i agreed.

its booked in.

ive read some posts concerning the cam belts on the focus and the water pump seems to be mentioned is this just a precaution or are they prone to failure at this type of mileage if so anything else i want to consider? within reason if it isn't broke. etc.

any help appreciated..

same as i paid mate the pump runs off the fan belt and its checked when they do thecambelt kit so just get the belt done

same as i paid mate the pump runs off the fan belt and its checked when they do thecambelt kit so just get the belt done

ive started to notice a little squeal when car started from cold (not every time). it doesn't increase with the revs like a slipping fan belt and is silent after a mile or 2 just on damp cold days and only ever in the morning.. fan belt seems to be tight..

could be the aircon motor/alternator?

anything i can do i.e belt treatment spay. etc try and nail it down before the cam belt gets done..

any help appreciated

ive started to notice a little squeal when car started from cold (not every time). it doesn't increase with the revs like a slipping fan belt and is silent after a mile or 2 just on damp cold days and only ever in the morning.. fan belt seems to be tight..

could be the aircon motor/alternator?

anything i can do i.e belt treatment spay. etc try and nail it down before the cam belt gets done..

any help appreciated

when you take it in mention it and theyll likely check and if nowt sort it for free

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club