Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Central Locking Module

conman

Hi all.

I was wondering would I be able to change my Standard central locking to Remote central locking by changing the Central locking module and obtaining a key fob? I have read that the pre 2001 models can be done this way by changing the module with part number 98 AG 15K600 EB CL DL RF and programming a key fob to it but cant find anything regarding the 01-04 models and was wondering if anyone has any info on this.

Cheers

Here are 2 picture off the old and new modules, the Focus has the extra blue plug needed to fit the new module.

Old New

post-11251-128467569884_thumb.jpg

post-11251-128467572225_thumb.jpg

Hi,

If you have a module like in your first picture with the separate CL module mounted like it is in the picture below then you should be able to do this mod.

post-12721-128471464306_thumb.jpg

How to do it is here

You can then program a fob to operate the central locking but you must have 2 keys to be able to program the new key to the immobiliser.

Roger

A good alarm with central locking function, would probably be the best way, then the remote unit will do both, locking the doors and setting the alarm, as the cost a remote key and programing for the ford unit will cost an arm and a leg. ford use a system called pats which is built in to the cars ecu so if you change the unit it may not work..

I carried out this mod on mine. I got all the bits of eBay at the following cost

Replacement module £20

Remote Key fob £6

Uncut key blade £4

Key cutting £5

Total £35 [no arms or legs!!]

As I said in my previous post if you have 2 original keys you can program the new key to the PATS [immobiliser] system yourself.

Cheers for all the replies guys,

I went today and got:

Central Locking module: £10

Key Fob £10

Blank Key & cut £15

Total £35 so cant complain

Had 2 keys so programmed the transponder chip in the key fob.

Everything is working great, double lock has me a bit stomped though. I think its something like this:

1. I hit lock button twice within 3 seconds = Locks all doors and indicators flash twice.

2. I hit open button once = Opens all doors.

3. I hit lock button once = Locks all doors.

4. I hit open button once = Opens driver side door.

4. I hit open button again = Opens the rest off the doors.

Am I missing anything?

to test the dead lock,,,lock the doors with the drivers window open, lock the car when the lights flash two times the car should be dead locked, then try to open the door from the inside, if the door will not open then it is dead locked.

to test the dead lock,,,lock the doors with the drivers window open, lock the car when the lights flash two times the car should be dead locked, then try to open the door from the inside, if the door will not open then it is dead locked.

No worries mate, will give it a go tomorrow:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club