Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Labour Charge Cost More Than Springs, What A Joke !

will-91

was in my local dealership today asking for pricing to get my car lower, as it still has 2 years on the warrenty i was advised to do it threw them. So i got a price for springs £322, which i thought was good for ford prices, but then the guy said its a 4 and a half hour job and said it would cost £370 labour, i near enough fainted ! So he said i HAVE to get it fitted with them, if i buy the springs and get it fitted somewhere else then my warrenty would be void ! so i just left it at that and spoke to 1 of the sales men and he said in vauxhall when people bought parts from them, as long as it got fitted at a VAT registered garage then all would be fine and warrenty would not be affected. Any idea if Ford are trying to rip me off or could i get them fitted else where ?

!

That Ford Dealership are definetly trying to rip you off mate. Ford approved springs(Eibach)you can get quite easily for around £160 from various places eBay, car parts stores etc. At Pumaspeed you can buy them and get them fitted all for £250.

That Ford Dealership are definetly trying to rip you off mate. Ford approved springs(Eibach)you can get quite easily for around £160 from various places ebay, car parts stores etc. At Pumaspeed you can buy them and get them fitted all for £250.

really ? wont it affect my warrenty tho if i do that

The springs should only be around £150. I got quoted £550 for fitting on my Mondeo and was told that it would "affect the camber." Its as if Ford dealers are trying to put people off fitting these springs.

Just do it yourself. Only special tool you really need is a spring compressor which isn't expensive at all. You'll just need to pay for an alignment after. Looking at my Fiesta, coilover/spring change out will probably be even easier then most other cars I have done. Check out youtube for vids of people swapping out springs.

In regards to the warranty, it would only be the suspension components(bushes,dampers etc) that might be voided. As Casca mentioned either buy or borrow a set of spring compressors and do it yourself its not hard I fitted my coilovers(but then again I am not bothered about the warranty), how would they know they wasn't fitted by Ford only that they(your dealership) didn't fit them. However what are you expecting to go wrong/happen, more stuff is likely to go wrong after your warranty expires when you will have to pay for it.

£150ish if you fitted them yourself

£250ish Garage/tuners supplied and fitted

£692 Ford supplied and fitted, you could by a coilover set for that and set the car at whatever height you like, plus you get more improved handling.

It is your car and your money only you can decide who fits them and wether your happy or willing to pay for it.

was in my local dealership today asking for pricing to get my car lower, as it still has 2 years on the warrenty i was advised to do it threw them. So i got a price for springs £322, which i thought was good for ford prices, but then the guy said its a 4 and a half hour job and said it would cost £370 labour, i near enough fainted ! So he said i HAVE to get it fitted with them, if i buy the springs and get it fitted somewhere else then my warrenty would be void ! so i just left it at that and spoke to 1 of the sales men and he said in vauxhall when people bought parts from them, as long as it got fitted at a VAT registered garage then all would be fine and warrenty would not be affected. Any idea if Ford are trying to rip me off or could i get them fitted else where ?

!

You can get them fitted anywhere and keep your warrenty as long as the garage carrying out the work is Eibach approved, i think this means thatthey have obtained a certificate that they are able to carry out the work to eibachs standards. Hope this helps ;)

I got a set of Eibach springs from Motorsportworld for £134.05 for the Mk7 Fiesta price seems competitive and the service was great website is http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ if your interested

nice cheers, just checked that website out think ill just get then off that, but as i know nothing about lowering cars im a tad bit confused ! it ses it will lower your car 30 mm, is that the maximum they can drop it or for talking sake could i drop it by only 20 mm ?

30mm springs will drop it 30mm ... could well be a few mm either side of that though. Also from first fitted to a few weeks in you will see a further drop through settlement.

If you want adjustable height then you need to look into coilovers. These can be adjusted.