Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colour Faded

zev

Hi all,

I've had my focus for a couple months and I've noticed the colour on the bonnet is faded and not as shiny as the rest of the metalic paint.I've been polishing it hopeing the colour would retore but it hasn't any idea's.

zev

Do you have any pictures?

Is it the paint itself or is there something on the paint? What polish have you been using?

Its the paint the colour is faded and dull. I've just finished using the polish cant quite remember the name something demon (spray polish ). My friend uses it and swears by it and he dose have a lovley finish to his paint,

zev

Its the paint the colour is faded and dull. I've just finished using the polish cant quite remember the name something demon (spray polish ). My friend uses it and swears by it and he dose have a lovley finish to his paint,

zev

the fact the paint has faded kinda proves it aint doing the job properly you may have to t cut the whole bonnet to see if you can restiore the colour other than that try colour magic polish ive used it before on an old punto and it does work a good quality wax like carplan triplke wax will help protect it afterwards asda sell it for a few quid

zev

Demon Shine?, if so, I am sure that is a QD rather than a polish. Try something with a bit more aggression and that will give a cut to the paint. If its really bad, maybe even in need of a machine polish.

Demon Shine?, if so, I am sure that is a QD rather than a polish. Try something with a bit more aggression and that will give a cut to the paint. If its really bad, maybe even in need of a machine polish.

Yes demon shine. I did t cut it but it didn't make any differance. Can I use colour magic polish on metalic paint. I do have some triple wax I'm just waiting for a dry day to give it a go.

zev

Pop along to your nearest Halfords and get yourself some AG SRP. It dosent have much cut at all, but will cleanse the paint removing any imperfections and also fill any light scratches you may have.

Pop along to your nearest Halfords and get yourself some AG SRP. It dosent have much cut at all, but will cleanse the paint removing any imperfections and also fill any light scratches you may have.

Thanks Gazjs I will give that a go the faded dull colour of the bonnet really lets the car down.

zev

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club