Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Squeking Noise

noobie2010

Hi All,

Total newbie here and not an expert on cars so apologies for stupid questions in advance

We bought my G/F a Ford Ka 1998 1.3i a few weeks back and got it cheap as took a gamble on it as had no service since 2000.

Anyway last week we noticed that when the heater is on it wont blow cold air when the cold setting is on, just blows warm air out. If we set it to the hot setting it does however get hotter so the fan works if switching between warm and hot but not the cold setting.

Also this morning my G/F rang me as the car was making a squeaking noise form the engine. She stopped the car and then drove off 5 mins later and noise had stopped.

Now my first instance was Alternater Issue whether it be the belt or wire correded or something however with the fan issue as well didn't know if both were linked.

Any help on this would be great.

I am thinknig Alternater Belt or Heating Valve for fan but don't want to start replacing things until I know as may be something cheaply I can do myself

Cheers for any help in advance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club