Photo

Replacing Driveshaft Bearing Please Help !!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 benscab

benscab

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: MONDEO MK3 2002 HATCHBACK ZETEC PETROL

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:33 PM

i was told that the loud grinding noise coming from my drivers side front wheel could be a bearing that is located on/in the driveshaft and the noise is travelling down the shaft making it sound like its coming from the wheel.

my question is.............. can i just buy the bearing and change that, and if so , who sells them ? or do i have to replace the full driveshaft..... new or secondhand ??

also any further help on where else this noise could be coming from would be appreciated.

noise is constant, in/out of gear, clutch in/out. wheel bearings already changed, hubs changed, recent gearbox change done too. oil filled to correct level.

thanks
ben.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 alz

alz

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

Check for a worn cv joint there are two per drive shaft, the outer one is the most common one to go. you can get them from most car parts outlets shops. ("as you say that wheel bearings already changed, hubs changed, recent gearbox changed too, and that the oil is filled to correct level").

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users