Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto-Dimming Mirrors And Leather Handbrakes (Mk7)

coysht

I got bored and spent far too long searching eBay for bits that I could buy and add to my Fiesta - I blame you lot and your 'modding'......... :lol:

Anyone know anything about the auto dimming rear view mirror on the Mk7 Fiesta? I've found one on t'interweb and I'm wondering how hard it would be to fit to my Zetec S.....and also if it's actually worth doing!

Since the official leather handbrake cover is over £100 I was looking at the possibility of buying another Ford leather grip and then using either a gaitor from another model or possibly a custom one.

From looking at pictures on eBay, it looks like a Mk6 gaitor MIGHT fit, and the accessory grip for the new Ka seems to be a similar shape and size.

....and finally - You know you want one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370436979908&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I got bored and spent far too long searching eBay for bits that I could buy and add to my Fiesta - I blame you lot and your 'modding'......... :lol:

Anyone know anything about the auto dimming rear view mirror on the Mk7 Fiesta? I've found one on t'interweb and I'm wondering how hard it would be to fit to my Zetec S.....and also if it's actually worth doing!

Since the official leather handbrake cover is over £100 I was looking at the possibility of buying another Ford leather grip and then using either a gaitor from another model or possibly a custom one.

From looking at pictures on ebay, it looks like a Mk6 gaitor MIGHT fit, and the accessory grip for the new Ka seems to be a similar shape and size.

....and finally - You know you want one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370436979908&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm afriad I don't know too much about the workings of the dimming mirror, but I do know that it is good and worth having. It's really useful when you get one of those tailgaters right up your trumpet at night. Does what it says on the tin :D

I had the dimmer mirror and dimmer wing mirrors on my old corsa, and i did think i would miss them but cant say i have.....tho i would like to have the rear view dimmer back lol.

My geeky side likes that flash drive but only 1 gig? If they did it in white I'd probably still get one though! cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

back to the handbrake gaitor........do you have to cut the plastic one off or can you just slide it off?

as for the mirror if u have tinted back window you don't need them... and also the flash drive is rather funky, you could paint it white.....

• 3 weeks later...

I know its not easy looking for Car Parts as they can be quite expensive. Try a scrappy or try these guys for cheap Ford Car Parts.

You've made 7 posts now all nearly identical and advertising that website. They say it's free to get quotes but you need to activate them by texting a number for £1.50! Please stop spamming our forum!

Activate your parts request NOW!!

Activation Benefits:

• Your enquiry will go to over 100 companies INSTANTLY, so we will be able to find you the CHEAPEST price from around the UK.
  • LIVE prices will be sent direct to your mobile phone and email address.
  • We have the largest access to trade Prices & Quotes for almost every make & model of car.

You can either:

TEXT: 222 to 80508*

NOW from your mobile phone. Demo example

OR

TELELPHONE: 07099 858 858

Office hours Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm, Sat 10.30am-2.30pm

NOTE:

Failue to Activate your parts request will mean we are unable to send off your parts request - so cannot find you the cheapest price for your part(s). Activation is only required once for each parts request form and is required so that we can assure your 'parts request' details are correct.

(*£1.50 x1)

I have a Titanium - therefore have an auto dimming rear-view mirror, and privacy glass.

I find it most annoying - if someone comes up behind with their normal lights on (not on main beam), it dims completely so I cannot see anything, and have to use the side mirrors to see behind.

Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity - I thought it is supposed to only work when you got a "dazzler" (on main beam).

Alternatively, I will soon be sticking something over the sensor....

(only noticed it this week as it is the first time I have been out in the dark! nearly 1000 miles on the clock now)

My geeky side likes that flash drive but only 1 gig? If they did it in white I'd probably still get one though! cool.gif

It's 1 GB, but you could probably fettle in a more substantial gigabytage drive

I have a Titanium - therefore have an auto dimming rear-view mirror, and privacy glass.

I find it most annoying - if someone comes up behind with their normal lights on (not on main beam), it dims completely so I cannot see anything, and have to use the side mirrors to see behind.

Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity - I thought it is supposed to only work when you got a "dazzler" (on main beam).

Alternatively, I will soon be sticking something over the sensor....

(only noticed it this week as it is the first time I have been out in the dark! nearly 1000 miles on the clock now)

Im intrigued by this dimming mirror thing, how does it work? Does it move the mirror to compensate for bright lights or something?

Im intrigued by this dimming mirror thing, how does it work? Does it move the mirror to compensate for bright lights or something?

That intrigues me to I have the Titanium with the mirror fitted. Nothing seems to move when it is active and I wonder if it is some sort LCD tech which is powered up and partially obscures the mirror in an overlay but I don't know for certain.

That intrigues me to I have the Titanium with the mirror fitted. Nothing seems to move when it is active and I wonder if it is some sort LCD tech which is powered up and partially obscures the mirror in an overlay but I don't know for certain.

Yes - it is "LCD tech" that just darkens the mirror if the sensor detects a very bright light (but mine seems to be over-enthusiastic, and darkens if any car with lights on comes up behind)

It is fairly common in larger up-market cars (eg: My dad's Audi S6 had it 8 years ago)

DId anyone get anywhere with the handbrake gaiter replacement?

I've found someone who makes gaiters who just needs my old plastic handbrake cover as something to work from. Still need to work out how to remove it with out doing too much damage. Will post a link once the guy is selling them.

Is this why maybe my back Tint seems SO dark when driving at night?

I figured it was doing that adjusting thing you got on manual mirrors, didnt realise that the mirror itself was capable of "dimming" itself...i kept waiting to hear movement!

The auto dimming mirror works like reaction lenses glasses.

You know the magic ones that turn into sunglasses when your outside :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club