Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service/warranty

CAMERON250310

My Focus Titanium is one year old, what is the point of paying FORD for a service when the warranty only lasts one year?

you must have the wrong info: ford addvert says Standard manufacturers warranty is 3 years or 60000 miles for a Focus Titanium. unless its second hand.

Yes a 3 year warranty is the standard as Alz said.

/quote]

I bought the car second hand in February at 6 months old. Do I have a 3 year warranty?

if it came from a ford dealer the warranty should have been passed on to you, the warranty is worth nothing if it not passed on. which make buying the car worthless.

if your car came from an independent dealer without the turnover or backing of a large dealership, then they could possibly only give one years warranty,

cars need to be serviced, so that the warranty is still keeped up to date that how they get the money back for giving the warrantys

I have a Focus Zetec S 1.6 diesel which is 4 months old i brought this just under a month ago from a independent dealer who informed me that the balance of the warranty eg 2years 9 months is transferrable so was the breakdown cover which is 12 months from the date of first registration.After reading this post i contacted Ford UK today who informed me that the warranty is with the car who ever you buy your car from it doesnt have to be a Ford dealer and it doesnt matter how many owners. but you MUST keep up the service schedule to keep up the warranty this does not have to be done by a Ford dealer any garage can service the car as long as they are VAT registered and the use Ford parts. Graham

The warranty is on the car and has nothing to do with who ownes it , there is nothing to transfer as ford will have that car on there records and after three years the warranty is up its as simple as that, as long as the car has been serviced by ford once a year or 12000 miles and has the book stamped to prove it the warranty is fine.

PS: To answer your question yes you have a warranty until the car is three years old.

The warranty is on the car and has nothing to do with who ownes it , there is nothing to transfer as ford will have that car on there records and after three years the warranty is up its as simple as that, as long as the car has been serviced by ford once a year or 12000 miles and has the book stamped to prove it the warranty is fine.

PS: To answer your question yes you have a warranty until the car is three years old.

Thank god for that you guys had me going there as I purchased mine 4 months old due so to get the warranty. :huh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club