Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Would Ford Charge To Fit....

Cortexx

Hey All,

Finally got my Fiesta Titanium with a abit of Zetec S Styling...

I'm thinking of getting the illuminated gear stick and scuff plates from Ford, but as they require power to work, i don't think i will be able to fit them myself.

How much do you guys reckon ford will charge to fit both items?

Thanks

gear stick is a piece of pi&& to fit, and iirc the scuff plates plug into the existing loom, i.e there are sockets under the carpet for them

lift the side of the carpet, along the door and check if its there first

ford were looking for 160 pound to fit the illuminated scuff plates, were saying it could affect my warrenty if i wasnt to get it fitted with them, they talk so much !Removed!

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the sills off both sides, and there doesn't seem to be a socket to plug in to.

I was looking at the gear knob on eBay, and have removed the gear stick surround, and there doesn't seem to be anything there, unless I can get power from the power socket located down there.

the gear knob has to wired into the gem module wiring

Wheres the socket located to plug the sills into? i have had a look underneath the carpet and there is nothing

cheers

FAILED!!

Knob arrived today, so set about fitting it, couldn't get it to wire up, so gave up and screwed it on, then had the idea that I could get it to the light switch, but then thought about the led in the lower recess, but took the whole fascia off, and unscrewed the knob to get the surround off, and found while twisting it on, the cables snapped just out of the knob, and I have a hole now in my stick leather!

• 3 weeks later...

FAILED!!

Knob arrived today, so set about fitting it, couldn't get it to wire up, so gave up and screwed it on, then had the idea that I could get it to the light switch, but then thought about the led in the lower recess, but took the whole fascia off, and unscrewed the knob to get the surround off, and found while twisting it on, the cables snapped just out of the knob, and I have a hole now in my stick leather!

Exactly the same happened to me *doh*

I've had my illuminated gear lever and door sills on for about a year, never connected them up to the GEM though. Took me forever to find the GEM and after looking at all the wires, thought it best to not touch it (Christ knows I made a mess of fittings the parts, I'm no handy man!).