Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clunking Noise From Steering Or Suspension

james_60

Hi

I get knocking sometimes when reversing and when the steering is on right or left lock.

When stationary if i wobble the steering wheel engine on or off i get a loud knocking noise.

Would this point to the steering rack or track control arms etc.

I have coverd 10100 miles

Jamie

Similar thread (link below) Jamie, my Mrs Mk7 Fiesta is having the same problem but not booked it in yet.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15437

Wont be able to book ours in for a couple of weeks so I would really appreciate it if you can keep me (and mick88) updated on any fix or diagnosis to your car!

Cheers

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

hi ,,ive had the same problem,,took it to ford in st helens and they reckon the steering rack needs greasing ,but they have to send off abroad for the grease as it,s out of stock,,they reckon they had an e-mail about the problem ,,so mine goes back in next week so will let you no if it solves the problem

Hi, my Mrs Mk7 went into the dealers on Tuesday - the service manager said that Ford had issued a TSB (Technical service Bulletin) out about this issue and although I wasn't there when the Mrs picked the car up a few hours later she did say that the dealer told her they greased something.

Anyway, clunking noise all gone. For now, anyway.

Hello Folk's

Mine went in for the same noise nearly a month ago but don't know if they greased my part's :lol: , important thing is the noise was gone and finger's crossed hasn't returned, the dealer put it down to a torque sensor on the column. When did the bulletin about the dealer fix with the grease come out, sensor thing may have been bullshit or coincidence

Hello Folk's

Mine went in for the same noise nearly a month ago but don't know if they greased my part's :lol: , important thing is the noise was gone and finger's crossed hasn't returned, the dealer put it down to a torque sensor on the column. When did the bulletin about the dealer fix with the grease come out, sensor thing may have been bullshit or coincidence

Think you will find the answer page 2 of this thread

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10599&view=findpost&p=78003&hl=bryfly&fromsearch=1

Many thank's bryfly

Didn't see that post first time round, sound's a simple fix to the problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club