Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With My Dashboard Display!

Piranha

I've just purchased an '09 Fiesta Econetic, but I'm having trouble adjusting the dashboard display (where you see your mileage etc). On the test drive the salesman set the display so that I could see both my total mileage and the miles I had left in diesel, as well as my average mpg. However on mine I can only see total mileage and miles since last service. How can I change this? It's the little screen in between the rev counter and the speedometer. The only difference is the one I test drove was a 58 plate, this one is an 09. I don't know if that will make a difference, but any help will be very gratefully received!

On mine you press the button on the end of the indicator stalk in and it should cycle through the menus (mpg, miles left, average speed etc) Does yours have this? Note: The ignition must be on first.

No mine doesn't! The only button I can push in on any of the stalks is on the windscreen controls, which just cleans my windscreen... Useful but not what I'm looking for! The other stalk has nothing.

No mine doesn't! The only button I can push in on any of the stalks is on the windscreen controls, which just cleans my windscreen... Useful but not what I'm looking for! The other stalk has nothing.

There's usually a button on the end of the left hand stalk. If not, you can just use the button that sticks out at the bottom of the rev counter. It's all in the manual. ;)

The early Fiestas had a 3 line display, later ones only have 2, so that's why your car is different from the one you test drove.

Thanks, I'll have a play tomorrow, I did try the button on the dashboard under the rev counter but it just reset the trip counter to zero. I got the car from an auction, and it didn't come with a manual unfortunately :(

Thanks, I'll have a play tomorrow, I did try the button on the dashboard under the rev counter but it just reset the trip counter to zero. I got the car from an auction, and it didn't come with a manual unfortunately :(

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I just checked the specs and the econetic only gets the trip computer if you add the bluetooth/voice control option. It seems a bit strange that a model aimed at people trying to maximise fuel economy doesn't come with a display to tell you the MPG, but there you go...

Someone posted a link to download the manual a few days ago, if you search back. You really should get a copy to know the correct tyre pressures, etc.

• 7 years later...

Does anyone know if you can add a modual or something to get the mpg to work as mine has the trip switch on the indicator stalk but nothing happens when you press it 

Regards Paul 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club