2 replies to this topic

#1 Syke

Syke

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDCi Sport

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

I realise this is a bit vague, but here's the problem:
Car is a Focus 1.6 Tdci, 2007. On Saturday I set off on a journey of about 15 miles. 2 or 3 minutes later the car just died. I switched off and coasted in to a layby. Tried it again and it started then behaved normally. Returned home about 4 hours later and just as I braked for my entrance, it died again. I coasted to the end of my drive and switched off. Tried again on sunday morning but nothing; turned over OK but no start. Started normally this morning and went (about 5 miles) to my local (small) garage where they plugged in some kind of analyser but reported no error codes showing. I drove back home and, as I braked for my drive, it died again; repeat of Saturday's behaviour. I'm not sure what to do next, whether a visit to a Ford Main dealer would be worth it?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pjmac 35

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 alz

alz

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

do you know the service history, it could be as simple as a fuel filter fault, cheap to replace to see if thats is the fault.

#3 Syke

Syke

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDCi Sport

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

do you know the service history, it could be as simple as a fuel filter fault, cheap to replace to see if thats is the fault.

Thanks for that. That's certainly worth checking. I bought it at 10 months old and it's been serviced twice since then.

regards

Syke

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users