Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

FrankP

Glowplug Light

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Having just had my S-Max for a couple of days I dont seem to be able to find the glowplug warning light on the dash.

On my old car I would expect to see an amber glowplug light for a few seconds when it went out the car would start.

On the S-Max I dont see a glowplug light - I have the dash with the convers+ message centre in - I have checked the manual it shows a picture of what it should look like but not where on the dash it is.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Frank

Having just had my S-Max for a couple of days I dont seem to be able to find the glowplug warning light on the dash.

On my old car I would expect to see an amber glowplug light for a few seconds when it went out the car would start.

On the S-Max I dont see a glowplug light - I have the dash with the convers+ message centre in - I have checked the manual it shows a picture of what it should look like but not where on the dash it is.

Am I missing something here?

Forgive the stupid question, but have you bought a diesel engined S-Max, or a petrol? Probably good to confirm that before you fill up! Otherwise I'd suggest you've got a blown lamp or fuse (although I'm sure you'd notice other small electrical problems if it is a fuse). Think I'd be headed back to the dealer if you've only had the car a couple of days.

All the best.