Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thrust Bearing Problem???

blueovalcraig

Hey Folks, my Mother-In-Laws 2002 1.8 tdci has a rattling noise coming from gearbox on idle and the clutch pedal feels funny when you press it down. It sounds to me like the thrust bearing but then I remembered the Dual Mass Flywheel is fitted to these. I know I'm going to have to take the box out but before I do I just thought I'd mention it here first to see if any of you guys have had a similar problem.

The car has a manufactors three year warranty, and as the car is a 2002 model this has ran out five years ago lol.

Hi

Does the rattle go away when the clutch pedal is pressed and held in ? and rattles when the clutch pedal is not pressed in, if so this would indicate the thrust bearing has failed. If not the dual mass flywheel needs to be looked at, just a thought have you noticed any brake/clutch fluid leaking anywhere or have you noticed the reservoir level lower than usual, its just when you said the brake peddle felt weird did you mean vague or spongy ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club