Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 (?) Trip Computer

1an3

Hi all,

First time poster, only owned a Fiesta for 1 day.

I've got a question about the Trip computer, or more specifically, the little button on the steering wheel stalk which controls it.

Mine is labelled 're/set'

Should it just take 1 press of the button to cycle the displays? I suspect I have a faulty button. I did manage to get it to show the range, and this morning I got into the personalised settings menu this morning (somehow) and now its showing the trip mileage.

Any advice appreciated.

Ian

Hi all,

First time poster, only owned a Fiesta for 1 day.

I've got a question about the Trip computer, or more specifically, the little button on the steering wheel stalk which controls it.

Mine is labelled 're/set'

Should it just take 1 press of the button to cycle the displays? I suspect I have a faulty button. I did manage to get it to show the range, and this morning I got into the personalised settings menu this morning (somehow) and now its showing the trip mileage.

Any advice appreciated.

Ian

I have just got a 2007 Fiesta aswell my button have three different types of display so keep pressing and you should get back to where you want to be..

I have just got a 2007 Fiesta aswell my button have three different types of display so keep pressing and you should get back to where you want to be..

Thanks for the reply.

Thats what I meant tho, when I press the 'Re/set' button, nothing happens.

Should a short press cycle round the displays quickly?

Ian

Shall call the place I got it from.

Anyone any idea how much this would cost to fix if it's broken?

This morning I managed to get into the menu which let's you change things like the number of indicator flashes on lane change.

Now it's consistently not working again.

I called the garage tonight, and he said that that wouldn't be covered under any warranty, even fords, and it could be a new "dash pod" and £500-ish job to fix. :(

Looks like you've got the same issue as I had on my 2006 Zetec. See my thread here.

No one replied but I did ask my dealer about a new indicator stalk (as I believed the contacts inside to be at fault) and was quoted £76 for the part. I traded it in shortly afterwards so never got it sorted.

Looks like you've got the same issue as I had on my 2006 Zetec. See my thread here.

No one replied but I did ask my dealer about a new indicator stalk (as I believed the contacts inside to be at fault) and was quoted £76 for the part. I traded it in shortly afterwards so never got it sorted.

Thanks for replying. Dodgy contacts could be the problem, cos it very occasionally does work. I can cope with £76. Is it easy to change myself? I'm more used to opening servers than cars but I'd have a go...

Ian

I've discovered that it works consistently when the indicator stalk is in the 'left' position. Works flawlessly, every time.

So, do people think it's likely to be the stalk? Or something more expensive?

I've discovered that it works consistently when the indicator stalk is in the 'left' position. Works flawlessly, every time.

So, do people think it's likely to be the stalk? Or something more expensive?

Took it back to the place I bought it from Thursday, the guy agreed it was probably the stalk. Took it back Saturday and he fixed it for nowt, ended up just cleaning the contacts on the switch.

Well Played, Stockport Diesel Centre :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club