Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint On Rear Bumper Mk7 Zs

Jason Tierney

So, as the story goes...My mother reveresed my car into a barrier while taking it out of the drive and left a 1inch scrap on my back bumper, maybe end of july, we went into our ford dealer(really helpful lot, know them well) and they gave us the number of the guy they use that does there work for them, from ford it would of been alot, but they gave us this guys number(from chips away) told us to say that xxx sent us and he came and sparyed the passenger side of rear bumper, all fine. This was done outside by a Chips Away guy.

It rained shortly after so i think that had partly to do with it but the colour went way off(or was to start with, not sure it was mid evening when he was doing it) and it started flaking, no problems he fixed it asap.

Ive noticed where he has painted it its not glossy or shiny, theres no reflection, its matt, it looks terrible in the dark with lights on it. I tried using a few products on it to gloss it thinking it might just be because the paints new or something. Anyway a good few people have noticed it now and I dont want it to be like that.

Wonder if I have any fall back on this, after this long, I can try a suppose.

Anyone have any ideas why its matt rather than glossy? Friend who works on cars reckons they might have had to use a different lacquer as he was working outside

Any help would be great

Thanks

Jay

It's only a couple of months ago, I'd say you definitely should get back to your ChipsAway man and tell him you're very disappointed as the repair doesn't have a glossy finish and so doesn't blend in. Chances are he'll sort it for you. They do have a responsibility as part of a larger company.

edit: I was wondering if he meant to add the clear lacquer later and forgotten!

That's the trouble with companys like chips away, the guy that did mine was awesome, can't see where I had damage now thank god, but by same token some are !Removed!, like the one who did yours. To be honest I'm surprised ford recomended them 2 u. As for your prob, check on your receipt cos it says on there how long you have got 2 complain, but I guess they would ask, y didn't you report the shoddy work sooner?

Actually, I just checked my old receipt and the work is supposed 2 b covered for 2 years, so yep, if you're not happy, u tell 'em! :)