Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Tdci 1.8 Ghia

davla33

hi all

im new here as im a ford owner for the very first time in my life, and would like a little advice on my car plz :)

firstly i bought the car today and the dealer didnt have the handbook so im getting a little confused with the dashboard buttons etc and would like to know if there is anywhere i can get a handbook from for this model

also, it is a 2003 car and iv been told by the mechanic i have always taken my cars to that i may need a cam belt, which is quite costly as the car has done over 100,000 miles and with the car coming without any history or paperwork i dont know if the cam belt has been changed , it this correct and needed after 100,000 milesw?

many thanks for reading my post and sorry if its a bit long winded but its also my first time on a forum as well as being a first time ford owner :rolleyes: :D :)

lynn - age 43 :lol:

Hi lynn and welcome

Firstly if there is no history with the car get it serviced (which the dealer should have done before you picked it up if they didn't question this) and absolutely get the cam belt changed its over due, as you don't know if it has been done or not so best to be on the safe side because if it snaps you could be looking at a major repair bill. As for the hand book go straight back to the dealer you bought it from and demand one, they will honour this standard request, and don't be made to feel as if your asking a favour because your not as the car should have come with one in the first place. Any other advice you need your now in the right place :) good luck let us know how you get on.

Mark - age 34 lol :lol:

Hi lynn and welcome

Firstly if there is no history with the car get it serviced (which the dealer should have done before you picked it up if they didn't question this) and absolutely get the cam belt changed its over due, as you don't know if it has been done or not so best to be on the safe side because if it snaps you could be looking at a major repair bill. As for the hand book go straight back to the dealer you bought it from and demand one, they will honour this standard request, and don't be made to feel as if your asking a favour because your not as the car should have come with one in the first place. Any other advice you need your now in the right place :) good luck let us know how you get on.

Mark - age 34 lol :lol:

hes right get the cambelt done straight away as the diesel tensioners are known to fail way below 100k so ide have a full kit done within the next few days its way past overdue from ford a full kit including fan belt is approx 220 quid so not overly dear and again the log book should be available from the dealer since he knew the cambelt was needing done before he sold it im sure he can stretch to a book you need a full kit not just a belt the kit includes the tensioner belt and various bolts that should be replaced as well as the guides many will fob you off and say you just need a belt you dont its the tensioner that fails taking the belt with it and the tensioner is not gauranteed by ford for any mileage only the belt is gauranteed for 100k maximum

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club