Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Name: Brian
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2004

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hey All

My leaking Clutch master cylinder is getting worse, getting dodgie as it shares the brake fluid with the Brake master cylinder. So I have Called Rapid Fit for a price and thought it was fairly reasonable and thought I would share it with you as I have spoken to a few people local to me who have paid over the odds for the same job from an independant garage. I have been quoated 167. Will advise more when the job is done.
:)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 r0b3r7

r0b3r7

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Focus Zetec

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

Hey All

My leaking Clutch master cylinder is getting worse, getting dodgie as it shares the brake fluid with the Brake master cylinder. So I have Called Rapid Fit for a price and thought it was fairly reasonable and thought I would share it with you as I have spoken to a few people local to me who have paid over the odds for the same job from an independant garage. I have been quoated 167. Will advise more when the job is done.

Not a bad price, mine was shot when I bought my car, only noticed it when the clutch started to engage with the pedal down on the floor... Got it repaired under my 1 yr warranty. Good to know a rough cost in case it needs done in the distant future

#3 flying clutchman

flying clutchman

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Ford Model: transit2.5D
Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

That's a reasonable price as the part is about 95 retail. You don't need to worry about your brakes, the resevoir is divided so even if your clutch runs totally dry your brakes won't.

#4 bt_cav

bt_cav

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Name: Brian
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2004

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

That's a reasonable price as the part is about 95 retail. You don't need to worry about your brakes, the resevoir is divided so even if your clutch runs totally dry your brakes won't.

Cheers guys

Good to know about the resevoir being divided in to separate parts.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users