Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

bb29

Broken seat leavers

3 posts in this topic

Hi I have a 2 door Fiesta Zetec 2003, the leavers to bring the front seats forward have broken in both seats, leaving my heavily preganant wife to clamber over the front seats to harness our 3 year old in her car seat when I'm not about. Anyone else had the same problem and any tips on what to do about it? I'm loathe to get them fixed for it to happen again in the future as it looks like a design fault.

Hi I have a 2 door Fiesta Zetec 2003, the leavers to bring the front seats forward have broken in both seats, leaving my heavily preganant wife to clamber over the front seats to harness our 3 year old in her car seat when I'm not about. Anyone else had the same problem and any tips on what to do about it? I'm loathe to get them fixed for it to happen again in the future as it looks like a design fault.

Haven't heard of this happening before but the levers are made of tubular steel so can be fragile, i`d google 'ford broken seat levers' ( or something like that ) and see if you can find if others are having the same problem, if so you may be able to use the information and e-mail Ford to see if they`ll pay some of the repair costs. ( just did a quick google and seems there are quite a few suffering the same problem )

Yeh its quite a commen fault, my whole family have fords and its happend 2 times in my aunties fiesta (55 plate) and my mums only went the once (54 plate) but they took it back to ford and they sorted it out, hope they can sort yours