4 replies to this topic

#1 Jen lee

Jen lee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: 2.0 mondeo tdci 130 ghia x 6 speed

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

Hi Guys

I'm new on the block. Love my mondeo :D I've had a look around some of the forum pages but can't find a 'leak' thread, but happy to be directed if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Recently when it has been rainng I have been getting a nice neat puddle in my footwell. Not sure where to start looking. Is mine a mk 3 mondeo? My partner has helped sort out other problems but hoping I can sort this myself.

Also rear screen wash doesn't squirt... :( I've poked the hole not even a dribble. Non techie speak and any pictures would be appreciated :) I am a complete novice and won't take offence at simplistic advice. :D

many thanks in anticipation

Jen

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:58 PM

the leak in the front footwells is a common problem and is usually due to the pollen filter cover not fitting correctley at the base of the windscreen, see the link on how to check.
http://fordwiki.co.u...r_Filter_Change

with the rear wash can you hear the motor operating when you pull the stalk?

#3 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

also check for any loose door seals as this caused a water leak in my Fiesta's rear footwell

#4 Jen lee

Jen lee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

the leak in the front footwells is a common problem and is usually due to the pollen filter cover not fitting correctley at the base of the windscreen, see the link on how to check.
http://fordwiki.co.u...r_Filter_Change

with the rear wash can you hear the motor operating when you pull the stalk?

ah ok thanks I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find the pollen filter good pics. :) Don't think I can hear the motor for the rear wash but I'll have a listen for that tomorrow as well thanks for the suggestions.

Jen

#5 Jen lee

Jen lee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

also check for any loose door seals as this caused a water leak in my Fiesta's rear footwell

Hi thanks for that too, if I find loose seals should that be a replace or super glue?? I've a few avenues to check tomorrow hoping its not raining...or maybe its better if it is to see what is wet...

Jen

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users