1 reply to this topic

#1 Andy Pyatt

Andy Pyatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec petrol

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

Hello everyone,

I need a new catalytic converter for my Focus Zetec 1.6 petrol 2005 (55 plate). My local garage wanted to charge me 480 for parts and fitting. I've had a look on ebay and found one a lot cheaper, however it does not come with any sensors.

My question is, can I use the sensors from my current cat converter and put them onto the new one?

Many thanks.

Andy

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

Hello everyone,

I need a new catalytic converter for my Focus Zetec 1.6 petrol 2005 (55 plate). My local garage wanted to charge me 480 for parts and fitting. I've had a look on ebay and found one a lot cheaper, however it does not come with any sensors.

My question is, can I use the sensors from my current cat converter and put them onto the new one?

Many thanks.

Andy

So long as the cat you get off ebay is identical then yes you can just change them over (they can be sods to get off your old one) but I will say fitting new ones is a better option although I myself wouldnt lol, buying the cat is enough outlay in one go)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users