Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone Holder

DCWorld

Hi All

I'm a newbie here and would firstly like to say hi. Hi!

I also have a question too. I have a 59 plate Fiesta Zetec S with bluetooth, USB and 3.5MM Jack. I was looking for a docking solution for my iPhone so it would sit by the A-Pillar and could pipe music down the dock cable to the 3.5mm jack as well as charge the phone. Does anyone have a setup which they could recommend and also roughly advise on how much it cost?

Thanks in advance

DC

Hi All

I'm a newbie here and would firstly like to say hi. Hi!

I also have a question too. I have a 59 plate Fiesta Zetec S with bluetooth, USB and 3.5MM Jack. I was looking for a docking solution for my iphone so it would sit by the A-Pillar and could pipe music down the dock cable to the 3.5mm jack as well as charge the phone. Does anyone have a setup which they could recommend and also roughly advise on how much it cost?

Thanks in advance

DC

Brodit do somevery good mounts for practically every car and device. Not too cheap though.

Right hand mount

Basic iPhone mount

I got a mount to go to the left of the stereo, plus a basic adjustable iPod mount. Cost about £40 total.

Brodit do somevery good mounts for practically every car and device. Not too cheap though.

Right hand mount

+1 for Brodit, I have my tomtom on the right hand mount and my Nokia on this one.

My Dad installs these for a living and he uses Brodit all the time, best no-holes brackets out there.

Thanks Both.

They're not cheap but then I do suppose you get what you pay for. I like how broadit have represented a right hand drive mount by taking their left hand drive picture and flipping it (check the last picture in the Right Hand Mount link :)

Just off to purchase now!

ta

DC

Haha, I see it. :) Well, it's basically a mirror copy of the left hand drive part so I guess it saves them finding a RHD car.

A small tip, I found it better to screw the holder and mount together before attaching it to my car. That plastic is a lot harder than they make out.

Thanks irononreverse. I followed your tip and it made it dead simple. Its all fitted now and looks great. I went for the centre console mount, not the a-pillar.

1an3 - They are amazing! They dont damage it at all and can be simply removed. Not cheap, but because there is no drilling and its a simple fitment, its well worth the price!

DC

P.S I can upload pictures of my fitment later if you'd like to see it 1an3.

You've gone for the same mount as me then! :) glad you got it fitted without any problems

Thanks irononreverse. I followed your tip and it made it dead simple. Its all fitted now and looks great. I went for the centre console mount, not the a-pillar.

1an3 - They are amazing! They dont damage it at all and can be simply removed. Not cheap, but because there is no drilling and its a simple fitment, its well worth the price!

DC

P.S I can upload pictures of my fitment later if you'd like to see it 1an3.

That would be ace, cheers. I may invest after payday.

Problem I have currently is I tried to dothings a bit on the cheap - I bought a USB-Dock chargy lead and cig lighter/UBS conenctor 2-for-£10 from Asda. Problem is, when the charger is in, and I'm using the aux in, there's massive interference - must be rubbish shielding on one or other of the cables.

s what do you have to buy from the bodit site, there 2 items in total?

the bracket and a twisty thing to put on the bracket, totalling £40?

any pics ofthe a-piller one with phone in situe??

s what do you have to buy from the bodit site, there 2 items in total?

the bracket and a twisty thing to put on the bracket, totalling £40?

Yes :)

any pics ofthe a-piller one with phone in situe??

Apologies for quality of images, it's rather dark outside! Not exactly what you asked for, on my center console is the holder to my Nokia X6, on the A-pillar is the tomtom. They will be the same bracket (to give you an idea of position) but iPhone will have differect bracket that screws on to that bracket! (If you're still following me?)

A-Pillar:

06102010442.jpg06102010443.jpg06102010450.jpg

Center Console:

06102010444.jpg06102010445.jpg06102010447.jpg

imag0068ts.jpg

awesome. any chance of a shot of the a piller one from behind?

i'm not 100% sold yet :/

those pics are great though!

awesome. any chance of a shot of the a piller one from behind?

Ask and ye shall recieve* ;)

06102010453.jpg06102010452.jpg

Ignore the loose cable, that's the FM traffic receiver for tomtom, plugs in bottom & I hid the cable inside pillar up the side of the windscreen,

i'm not 100% sold yet :/

Have a look on Sunday if you're still not sure.

those pics are great though!

*T&C's apply.

yeah man, will have to check it out for myself :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Irononreverse I have just got the same fixing as you to the left of the centre console. I have also got the adjustable holder as my iPhone is in a skin.

Can I just confirm that you remove the holder of the base and then screw this to the square area of the part you fix to the car ? If so did you fix yours centrally to the square or to the top of it like the pictures someone posted on here ?

Hi,

Irononreverse I have just got the same fixing as you to the left of the centre console. I have also got the adjustable holder as my iPhone is in a skin.

Can I just confirm that you remove the holder of the base and then screw this to the square area of the part you fix to the car ? If so did you fix yours centrally to the square or to the top of it like the pictures someone posted on here ?

Yep, you just screw the base of the holder to the mount that goes in your car. I did mine centrally, but it's up to you where you have it. Whatever you think is best.

Ohh I do like the center console one! Looks good. Might have to get me one of those.

Hi,

Thanks Irononreverse that helped and all fitted now but !Removed! the holder back plate onto the bracket square was hard work and glad I saw that you did prior to fixing bracked in the car.

Looking forward to going to work tomorrow with iPhone in holder and just need to tidy up my 3.5mm cable and charging cable now.

Yeah, I don't know why they suggest doing it after mounting the bracket in the car. They must be pretty burly men if they think it's easy.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I intended to take pics but work got busy and I also realised that I couldnt take a picture of my iPhone in the dock as I was intending to use my iPhone to take the picture.... :).

I got one of these cables too http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_514373_langId_-1_categoryId_165635, but I'm having trouble completly hiding it. I've tucked it into the trim by the gearstick but it is not hidden as it runs up towards the dock, so looks a bit untidy.

Glad I got the centre console one because its easier to reach than the a-pillar dock.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I intended to take pics but work got busy and I also realised that I couldnt take a picture of my iPhone in the dock as I was intending to use my iphone to take the picture.... :).

I got one of these cables too http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_514373_langId_-1_categoryId_165635, but I'm having trouble completly hiding it. I've tucked it into the trim by the gearstick but it is not hidden as it runs up towards the dock, so looks a bit untidy.

Glad I got the centre console one because its easier to reach than the a-pillar dock.

Interested to hear how you get on with that cable. I'm still having noise issues with my USB Charger and AUX lead connected at the same time. I also find I'm having to turn the volume up mega loud (>13) on the stereo to hear the iPhone!

The cable is quite good. I had some volume issues but this was easily rectified by a quick read of the manual and discovery of the lineout high/low switch. Set to high, the volume only needs to be around 10 to listen comfortably. I usually listen at around 14/15 anyway.

I had a problem with the 3.5mm jack which came in the box. It is slightly thinner than a normal 3.5mm cable and caused similar buzzing issues to those which you describe. I replaced mine and it worked fine

Other than both of those issues, its great. Playback controls on the charger work well, as do the steering wheel controls when using bluetooth audio. I get no electronic feedback from the charger and aux connector now I'm using a better-fitting 3.5mm cable.

I recommend it as a solution to a centre console broadit dock. The cable is just long enough to not be too short but not be too long and annoying.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I intended to take pics but work got busy and I also realised that I couldnt take a picture of my iPhone in the dock as I was intending to use my iphone to take the picture.... :).

I got one of these cables too http://www.halfords....tegoryId_165635, but I'm having trouble completly hiding it. I've tucked it into the trim by the gearstick but it is not hidden as it runs up towards the dock, so looks a bit untidy.

have the same griffin autopilot. I tried tucking it under the gearstick trim but I must have pinched the wire somewhere and the controls for skip forward and back weren't working properly so i just leave it trailing along the side now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club