Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Additional Bhp 59 1.6 Zetec

B6 ECK

Just bought 59 1.6 zetec for my wife, is it possible to get additional bhp from this engine and how.?

Yeah, Buy a 1.8.

Never understood why people buy cars if they're not happy with the amount of power.

Yeah, Buy a 1.8.

Never understood why people buy cars if they're not happy with the amount of power.

Thank goodness that not everyone has the small minded intelligence and lack of ability to be helpful or communicate in an adult manner of which you obviously lack.

Thank goodness that not everyone has the small minded intelligence and lack of ability to be helpful or communicate in an adult manner of which you obviously lack.

Sorry, Did I hit a nerve?

If you wanted more power, You needed the 1.8 litre. Using mods to add BHP will just create more heat and considerably lessen the life of many of the major (expensive) components. Clutches/Gearboxes in bigger engine cars are designed to deal with more power. A 1.6 car is designed to deal with the power, heat and everyday torture of a 1.6 engine.

Stick a K&N Panel air filter in it and keep it well serviced. Thats the best you can hope for without running major risk.

Just bought 59 1.6 zetec for my wife, is it possible to get additional bhp from this engine and how.?

yes is the sort answer, but the longer more important question is....IS IT WORTH IT? And think on you have to notify your insurance company. If not and your in an accident and the insurers engineer checks the software map ......you ain't got any insurance. Worst still if it's your fault, the other party's claims settlement will be down to you.....remember your insurance company were on their bike yonks ago. Just run a standard 1.6 99bhp through an insurance checker, then same with a 1.6 113 bhp, then same with a 1.6 99bhp with a 10% power upgrade to 109bhp.........you will be amazed at the premium comparisons, as they will bare no relationship to the power difference variables.

theremaybe something as the 1.6 petrol zetecs has 115ps. BTW the 1.8 is a horrible petrol engine in the newer models and very hard to sell they love loosing power and not starting up properly

• Like 1

I have a 2004 04 plate mk1 focus 1.6 (much lighter then the newer models) and its slow as hell for a 1.6 its nippy but these arent fast cars what so ever if u want power get a diesel or a 2.0 or even a st.

Ive fitted an exhaust system and been through a few diff types of induction kit and yes ive gained a few torques and at best 4-5bhp also the car revs up alot easier and feels keener to drive but thats it. The 1.6 just isnt a modders car the 1.8 can be tuned to high holey hell but the extra costs at the current time cant justify the extra 15bhp (standard 1.8 is 115-120bhp i think 1.6 is about 100 unless you have a ti-vct in which case its 115). If your made of money chip it then you'l get about 3bhp and a bit more torque for about 400 quid

Also you say the car's for your wife so i doubt shed like a full cat-back system with a high flo sports car and a 4 to 1 manifold and a full induction kit with cold air feed not passing judgement but if i did that to the gf's car id not be called mike id be called michelle :P

Realistically speaking with out spending about 500 quid to over 1000 you arent going to get anything worth while out of the 1.6 just thrash it hard if you really want to go fast :P

theremaybe something as the 1.6 petrol zetecs has 115ps. BTW the 1.8 is a horrible petrol engine in the newer models and very hard to sell they love loosing power and not starting up properly

My thoughts exactly and reasons for putting it to the forum in the hope of an answer, however some users are so living the dream with expert opinions that it is more enjoyable to try and putt people down. It is encouraging that we can obtain expert knowledge from those with leather steering wheels and knobs, not to forget the Xenon headlight bulbs and intermittent wipers. YIP.

My thoughts exactly and reasons for putting it to the forum in the hope of an answer, however some users are so living the dream with expert opinions that it is more enjoyable to try and putt people down. It is encouraging that we can obtain expert knowledge from those with leather steering wheels and knobs, not to forget the Xenon headlight bulbs and intermittent wipers. YIP.

Not sure what your problem is mate. From where I'm sat you've got a problem. This is a forum and last time I checked it wasn't moderated or run by you.

EKKY THUMP somebodies a tad touchy

Grenade-1.jpg

Not sure what your problem is mate. From where I'm sat you've got a problem. This is a forum and last time I checked it wasn't moderated or run by you.

EKKY THUMP somebodies a tad touchy

Grenade-1.jpg

I think he's a bit peeved because he knows were right ;)

I have been checking this out myself. you can get your ecu remapped. there are a lot of companies out there doing this. I have been quoted improvement of between 25 to 40 bhp. taking it upto 135 to 150 bhp.... prices quoted have been £250 - £350. this is supposed to be untraceable. other option is plug and go chips..... hope this helps...... B)

I have been checking this out myself. you can get your ecu remapped. there are a lot of companies out there doing this. I have been quoted improvement of between 25 to 40 bhp. taking it upto 135 to 150 bhp.... prices quoted have been £250 - £350. this is supposed to be untraceable. other option is plug and go chips..... hope this helps...... B)

youll never get 25bhp from a remap alone without changing the injectors the 1.8 cant be upped that much without a new cam bigger injectors and an uprated ecu thats to get 25bhp and the 1.8 has 125bhp standard look at burton power theyre the experts and they will tell you its impossible from a petrol car diesel yes petrol no you can get a 10 percent increase in powwer from a remap which would give you 108 bhp

quoting a possible re map on a 1.6 TDCi is of no help to the OP at all, as he is talking about a 1.6 petrol......chalk and cheese mate

And as to the fact that a none standard map that has replaced the manufactures map, is not being traceable....that is misleading.....if the map is on the car it's traceable, ie: You turn up at a workshop and they put the new map on for you, and you drive off. Now if you buy a remap along with the kit needed to install it, which allows you to store your original map. Then that allows you to swop between the two maps.

But your still taking a potential massive financial risk if you don't tell your insurance company you have had it remapped. Imagine your in an accident, you kill somebody, your badly injured and taken to hospital, car taken away to be inspected by police engineer ......how are you going to swap the map back prior to inspection by the police ?

Think on, not declaring your re map to your insurance company. Your leaving yourself and your family potentially liable to losing every thing of financial value that you own. And if your a "potless" 21 year old, then you could leave another family destroyed, and on top of that robbed them of the main family wage earner.....could you live with that?

this has been asked SOOOOO many times. you can always get additional HP from an engine with the correct mods.

I, however wouldent attempt it as gaining any significant HP will almost certainly reduce your engines life expectancy and will most likely lead to problems down the line :D you dont get anything for free :)

• 10 years later...

I think you mean it was full of ***** 10 years ago when this thread was created... :whistling:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I think you mean it was full of ***** 10 years ago when this thread was created... :whistling:

Was getting quite caught up myself in this thread till I realised it was a decade old, OP car probably on scrap heap by now, or rusted away with the familiar leak in boot that was probably left untreated LOL

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club