Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Ceys

William Hancock

Hi

Does anyone know if my 57 plate Focus MK2 will work with a new style Flip Key? I currently have a horseshoe style key and remote (With a spare transponder key for programming)

Ta

yeh it will but flip keys arnt anything special. the blade is weak and becomes loose quickly due to the strain put upon it when turning the ignition barrel, expensive too :P

yeh it will but flip keys arnt anything special. the blade is weak and becomes loose quickly due to the strain put upon it when turning the ignition barrel, expensive too :P

have to agree my vw had one and they are a pain wering quickly and snapping the holding pin waste of space i had mine changed back to a normal key

Obviously not the answer the OP was looking for, but I would have thought the least the OP could do, is thank you guy's for going out of your way reply to his question.................funny old world :rolleyes:

Obviously not the answer the OP was looking for, but I would have thought the least the OP could do, is thank you guy's for going out of your way reply to his question.................funny old world :rolleyes:

might as well speak the truth :P also might save him some money. :D

Thanks for the reply folks.

I went and bought one and had it cut today.

I've already programmed the remote but I'm having a little trouble programming the immobiliser.

I put one of my spare keys in, turn it to position 2 then back to 0 and take it out.

I put the other spare key in, turn it to position 2 then back to 0 and take it out.

I put the new key in, turn it to position 2 then back to 0 and take it out.

When I put the new key back in, the car starts but the immobiliser light flashes all the time. When I turn the engine off and remove the key I can no longer use it to start the car again.

Any help would be great.

The keys you are using to program your 'new key' must be originals and not one that has been programmed using this method before. Sounds like that might be whats causing the problem mate.

as cressws1 really,

was the key you went out and bought brand new? once the chips have been coded i dont know if it is possible to reuse them? i know of people who have had this bother before and had to buy new chips in the end.

No, no. Brand new key (Never used before) and both the keys I am using to program it are the originals that came with the care when bought new.

Should I be waiting when I insert the new key? I.E. Insert new key and turn to position 2, wait 5 seconds then turn to position 0, wait 5 seconds then remove?

I'm not sure Focus keys can be self coded-You need the proper equipment to code the key, chips etc. Auto locksmith would be your best bet.

Chips can be re-used.

Where did you get the key from, eBay I guess.

Sounds like it has the wrong chip in it.

Go see an autolocksmith.

good luck.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply folks.

I went and bought one and had it cut today.

I've already programmed the remote but I'm having a little trouble programming the immobiliser.

I put one of my spare keys in, turn it to position 2 then back to 0 and take it out.

I put the other spare key in, turn it to position 2 then back to 0 and take it out.

I put the new key in, turn it to position 2 then back to 0 and take it out.

When I put the new key back in, the car starts but the immobiliser light flashes all the time. When I turn the engine off and remove the key I can no longer use it to start the car again.

Any help would be great.

Hello,

I'm having the same problem and would appreciate very much if you would tell me how did you solve this...

Regards