Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Subframe Replacement

eddyodwyer

I'm looking at the prospect of buying a ka which has had a wee bump. needs a new driveshaft & wishbone which i know i can do, as i've done them before, but it also needs the front subframe doing (passengers side) so i'm curious as to whether anyone here has ever replaced this part? is it a garage job, or can i potentially do it myself? does this part of the subframe support the engine or is it just supporting suspension & steering etc. looks like its a bolt-on part from the pictures on eBay, but i cant find a definative answer as to whether its a diy job or not...

any thoughts?

cheers

eddy

I'm looking at the prospect of buying a ka which has had a wee bump. needs a new driveshaft & wishbone which i know i can do, as i've done them before, but it also needs the front subframe doing (passengers side) so i'm curious as to whether anyone here has ever replaced this part? is it a garage job, or can i potentially do it myself? does this part of the subframe support the engine or is it just supporting suspension & steering etc. looks like its a bolt-on part from the pictures on ebay, but i cant find a definative answer as to whether its a diy job or not...

any thoughts?

cheers

eddy

you can diy as from memory it does not support the engine.

as you said it's a bolt on part but

check to see if the bent parts are the mounts on the car as you may fide the replacement part will not lign up

if you see what i mean m8.

post the eBay link so we or i can take a look m8

del

• 2 weeks later...

for future reference, the subframe supports just the wishbone & therefore the hub. easy to remove, although my driveshaft was broken so nothing was under tension. in the past on my 406, removal of the bottom balljoint left a brake disk in my face, so take extreme car with this one!

i'll maybe get some pics of the reassembly incase anyone else is undertaking a similar job

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club